X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daughter joined AFR

The second my wife told me that my daughter joined the Air Force Reserves my stomach turned. I thought to myself why the hell didn't she join the ARNG? Then again if I had stumbled upon a recruitment office that was actually OPEN instead of always being CLOSED or had someone to ever answer the damn PHONE, maybe I'd been an Air Force officer by now. MAYBE. But everytime I look at those Air Force uniforms my stomach turns. I mean, sure, the AF has the best looking women in all the Armed Forces and posh places to deploy to, like Qatar for one, but I'm forced to hold back almost uncontroliable laughter at those 1950's Dairy Queen/ice cream man uniforms. Still glad I made the choice to join the Guard. Well, guess I'm going to have to comb GOOGLE and bone up on AF junk.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM.

Re: My Daughter joined AFR

Congrats on your daughter's enlistment.

What job did she pick out? What is AF BCT like? Does she start drilling now or does she have to wait?

Sounds like an exciting first step in a long journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      Congrats on your daughter's enlistment.

What job did she pick out? What is AF BCT like? Does she start drilling now or does she have to wait?

Sounds like an exciting first step in a long journey.
      So far I know she'll be able to knock out basic training over the summer. I bought her an ASVAB book to study and she's taking the test next week. Their standards are about the same as ours except they only run a mile and a half. I shared an AF shark attack video from YouTube on her facebook page. It was beyond a joke compared to the Army's but still an eye opener for a girl that can't stand for someone to raise their voice at her.

Air Force MOS's are called "AFSC's". She has an associate's degree as a dental hygenist. Nevertheless, I encouraged her NOT to listen to any lip from her recruiter. Just take the list of available AFSC's, google them, and find out which one is the best fit. She's very athletic and only 24, so she should be alright in that category and she's made straight "A's" all her life. She'll either be drilling here in Birmingham at the 117th refueling wing or down at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL.
      Last edited by VICEROY06; March 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Nah, I didn't join the Marines for their uniforms lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          Nah, I didn't join the Marines due to their uniforms lol.
          Marine dress blues are number one on planet Earth. Bar none. No contest. Not even debatable.

Comment

I think the ASU kinda looks like a policeman's uniform. And those Navy digital uniforms that are blue are kinda funny....

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              I think the ASU kinda looks like a policeman's uniform. And those Navy digital uniforms that are blue are kinda funny....
              HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	a78aa82e08125a43aaf205ef9634820d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	394

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Name:	a78aa82e08125a43aaf205ef9634820d.jpg
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	394
                That was lulzworthy.

Comment

Name:	d168bcf9419476883488bc774678d80e.jpg
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	395 Click image for larger version

Name:	be62942c5c48373c86debe2648c336b9.jpg
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	396

FAIL.

Comment

So what's the point of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                      So what's the point of this thread?
                      I take full responsibility for derailing my own thread, sir. Originally, I wanted to talk about my daughter's decision to enlist in the Air Force Reserve inadvertently against my wishes. I also figured if anyone had any experience or knowledge of the AFR that they would indulge us.

Comment

Well, let's not bash our sister branches, even if they do look ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                          Well, let's not bash our sister branches, even if they do look ridiculous.
                          Hoo aah.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                            I take full responsibility for derailing my own thread, sir. Originally, I wanted to talk about my daughter's decision to enlist in the Air Force Reserve inadvertently against my wishes. I also figured if anyone had any experience or knowledge of the AFR that they would indulge us.
                            http://www.militarytimes.com/forums is 95 percent comprised of AF personnel. They can answer your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                              http://www.militarytimes.com/forums is 95 percent comprised of AF personnel. They can answer your questions.
                              Yeah--I ran across that forum yesterday. I also ran across another forum that was a literal joke. AF personnel in the forum cursing and throwing racial slurs like mad. Don't remember the name of it, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X