X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I'm in. Finally!

After getting my life squared away with family, babies, work etc.. I got through MEPS and swore in yesterday. 09S and heading to Ft Jackson 20130128. Very excited!!!

This forum has been a great help and resource so I again thank those that volunteer their time to answer questions and help all of us out there looking for direction.

Re: And I'm in. Finally!

Congratulations and best if luck to you

Comment

Good luck dude!

Comment

Good luck Peter!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Welcome to the team brother. Wait 45 days then go get your ID made. It's going to be an exciting ride.
            Last edited by Chaplain4me; December 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Griffin View Post
              After getting my life squared away with family, babies, work etc.. I got through MEPS and swore in yesterday. 09S and heading to Ft Jackson 20130128. Very excited!!!

This forum has been a great help and resource so I again thank those that volunteer their time to answer questions and help all of us out there looking for direction.
              Congratulations! Good luck with all the training ahead!

Comment

Will you be going through your State OCS program or will you be attending Federal OCS at Ft Benning? There are a couple of websites worth looking at depending on which route you take. If you are going through your state's OCS program, look at www.armyocsng.com. If you are going to Benning, check out www.armyocs.com.

There is tons of good information about OCS on these sites. One is more specific to NG OCS.

Comment

There is also 8-week long, Accelerated OCS at Fort McClellan.

Comment

Originally posted by nonstop View Post
                    Will you be going through your State OCS program or will you be attending Federal OCS at Ft Benning? There are a couple of websites worth looking at depending on which route you take. If you are going through your state's OCS program, look at www.armyocsng.com. If you are going to Benning, check out www.armyocs.com.

There is tons of good information about OCS on these sites. One is more specific to NG OCS.
                    Thanks for the info, I will check both of those out! I'm not too sure which route I will be going yet, but hopefully I will get some sort of direction at my first drill in two weeks.

Comment

Congratulations. Keep focused on the goal from day 1. When your getting smoked, or standing at attention in the rain and your freezing or burning up, never lose focus of the goal. Pinning on that gold bar.

Have a good time. You will look back and see there were many to be had, don't miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Portree228 View Post
                        Congratulations. Keep focused on the goal from day 1. When your getting smoked, or standing at attention in the rain and your freezing or burning up, never lose focus of the goal. Pinning on that gold bar.

Have a good time. You will look back and see there were many to be had, don't miss them.
                        damn, you still get smoked in OCS too?

Comment

Originally posted by Portree228 View Post

Just enough rank to not be taken seriously by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by eeb_13 View Post
                            damn, you still get smoked in OCS too?
                            OCS is not a gentlemens club.

Comment

Some of the worst smokings I have had were during OCS. Certainly worse than BCT. Especially during phase 0 of OCS when some states are trying to weed people out. The thing to remember when this is happening is that there is an end. They have training that has to get done during the weekend. So they can't smoke you for 48hrs straight every weekend. At some point they have to move on. The question at the time is, how long till they decide it's enough.

Every Friday when when we were getting smoked during first formation (usually for something missed during in-ranks inspection) I would just think about Sunday when I would be home. It's not like BCT where it can go on every day for weeks. In traditional OCS you know come Sunday evening your heading home. You just have to keep these little things in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X