X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAC reader on a macbook pro.....

Has anyone had success using a cac reader on a macbook pro....I am seriously about to lose my damn mind.

I need a step by step on what to do.

OS X 10.7.5
    Charrissmatics CSSI
    Oberthur CAC

Re: CAC reader on a macbook pro.....

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
    Has anyone had success using a cac reader on a macbook pro....I am seriously about to lose my damn mind.

I need a step by step on what to do.

OS X 10.7.5
    Charrissmatics CSSI
    Oberthur CAC
    I would have loved to help you but I'm not familiar with OS X at all. Unfortunately, I only develop on Windows or Linux.

You could install Windows 7 on your Mac and dual-boot.

Comment

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/

Comment

It can be done and I have it on my Mac products. Realize though, it is a pain in the arse at times and AKO doesn't really like it at all.

But when it works, its great.

http://militarycac.com/apple.htm

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
          What does microsoft office have to do with a cac reader? I have office installed...on my mac.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
            It can be done and I have it on my Mac products. Realize though, it is a pain in the arse at times and AKO doesn't really like it at all.

But when it works, its great.

http://militarycac.com/apple.htm
            +1 https://www.militarycac.com by CW3 Danberry, a fellow Signal Warrant.

Comment

I've tried following the directions on military cac for my macbook pro, macbook, and imac. None of them would work. I tired 2 different readers on each computer (all running Mountain Lion) and it simply would not read the card. I was SOL and couldnt get anything to work. I'm at the point where i just might try to find a copy of windows cheap and put it on the imac and use bootcamp when i need to access my CAC.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydez View Post
                I've tried following the directions on military cac for my macbook pro, macbook, and imac. None of them would work. I tired 2 different readers on each computer (all running Mountain Lion) and it simply would not read the card. I was SOL and couldnt get anything to work. I'm at the point where i just might try to find a copy of windows cheap and put it on the imac and use bootcamp when i need to access my CAC.
                It is painfully annoying....I love my mac though...I blame the government for using cac.

Comment

It is painfully annoying....I love my mac though...I blame the government for using cac.
                  I blame them for having taxes. Handouts are better. BTW, where's my Obamaphone?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                    I blame them for having taxes. Handouts are better. BTW, where's my Obamaphone?
                    And that is why I don't vote. (and never will).

Comment

And that is why I don't vote. (and never will).
                      I'm usually voting for what/who I believe to be the lesser of the two evils.

As for your CAC issue, I think that you'll want to use Bootcamp and dual-boot Windows 7 in the end. I can't see someone doing without Lotus Forms Viewer and Approve It.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                        I'm usually voting for what/who I believe to be the lesser of the two evils.

As for your CAC issue, I think that you'll want to use Bootcamp and dual-boot Windows 7 in the end. I can't see someone doing without Lotus Forms Viewer and Approve It.
                        I want to at least have cac log in capability on my mac, and I know it can be done.

Comment

I want to at least have cac log in capability on my mac, and I know it can be done.
                          It was possible... with Snow Leopard. I was able to log into AKO with Safari. After i upgraded to Mountain Lion the ability disappeared. I read somewhere that a lot of the problem has to do with the new 128k CACs.

Comment

I made 50% progress....almost there.

Comment

Did you get it? I've been SERIOUSLY considering a macbook, and I know it's a hassle. One of my peers has a cac card reader on his mac, and I've seen him do it...so I too know it's possible....even though I've heard stories that it's a PIA.

Comment

Working...
                              X