Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

    There is no criteria about IET or any of that when it comes to the disability processing system. You were on active duty orders over 30 days.

    The MEB process is not done at their state anyway. I have colleagues that work for Soldiers MEB Counsel Office (its like trial defense for medical boards) and they have had clients on week one of basic training reffered to the MEB process. It is the medical providers decision. Just becuase there is no LOD now, if you could prove the injury was in the line of duty you could still push the case through.

    This is your problem.....I was told I am being discharged because even though my profiles are "temporary", I need surgery on my arm and apparently it is not anticipated that I will be 100% by the time I need to ship prior to my 2 year anniversary date (24FEB12).

    It is the timing of your injury and their two year rule. You can still push for MEB though, not saying they will refer you, but talk to the doc, not your NCOIC.

    The Guard is notorious for seperating people without proper process, and circumventing the MEB system. Just because they are discharging you doesn't mean it is accurate. We have had soldiers get retired with 30% or higher rating who never had an MOS ebcause they did complete training.

    Talk to the doc.

    Going to the VA on your own could potentially strip you of Army and medical retirement benefits.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

      Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      There is no criteria about IET or any of that when it comes to the disability processing system. You were on active duty orders over 30 days.

      The MEB process is not done at their state anyway. I have colleagues that work for Soldiers MEB Counsel Office (its like trial defense for medical boards) and they have had clients on week one of basic training reffered to the MEB process. It is the medical providers decision. Just becuase there is no LOD now, if you could prove the injury was in the line of duty you could still push the case through.

      This is your problem.....I was told I am being discharged because even though my profiles are "temporary", I need surgery on my arm and apparently it is not anticipated that I will be 100% by the time I need to ship prior to my 2 year anniversary date (24FEB12).

      It is the timing of your injury and their two year rule. You can still push for MEB though, not saying they will refer you, but talk to the doc, not your NCOIC.

      The Guard is notorious for seperating people without proper process, and circumventing the MEB system. Just because they are discharging you doesn't mean it is accurate. We have had soldiers get retired with 30% or higher rating who never had an MOS ebcause they did complete training.

      Talk to the doc.

      Going to the VA on your own could potentially strip you of Army and medical retirement benefits.
      Which doctor? I have never been seen by a military doctor for my injury. My discharge is being based on PRL's filled out by civilian doctor's.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

        Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        Which doctor? I have never been seen by a military doctor for my injury. My discharge is being based on PRL's filled out by civilian doctor's.
        Get a copy of all your civilian doctor records.

        Get a copy of your military profile, DA 3349.....look at who signed it. Have that person adjust your profile based off of your current medical condition. At that time, you could be reffered to the MEB process.
        Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; October 1st, 2012, 10:29 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

          Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          Get a copy of all your civilian doctor records.

          Get a copy of your military profile, DA 3349.....look at who signed it. Have that person adjust your profile based off of your current medical condition. At that time, you could be reffered to the MEB process.
          I don't think she has a military profile...thats the whole point, she's never been seen by a military doctor. MEPS makes their determinations off of civilian doctors and MEPS doctors don't issue profiles.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

            Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
            I don't think she has a military profile...thats the whole point, she's never been seen by a military doctor. MEPS makes their determinations off of civilian doctors and MEPS doctors don't issue profiles.
            So what stops this soldier or any soldier from being mandated or forbidden from doing the APFT at drill whille they are awaiting AIT....she/he may not have a profile, but there is also no reason he/she can't get one. You don't have to be "seen" by a military doc, but they are the only ones that sign profiles.

            OP stated they have a temporary profile in subsequent posts.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

              Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              So what stops this soldier or any soldier from being mandated or forbidden from doing the APFT at drill whille they are awaiting AIT..
              Just a simple doctors note...thats all that is needed.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                So what stops this soldier or any soldier from being mandated or forbidden from doing the APFT at drill whille they are awaiting AIT....she/he may not have a profile, but there is also no reason he/she can't get one. You don't have to be "seen" by a military doc, but they are the only ones that sign profiles.

                OP stated they have a temporary profile in subsequent posts.
                Becuase on the PRL for is asks is this "profile" temporary or permanent....but it was still filled out and signed by my civilian doctor's. I do not think an "official" profile was done. When I would go to drill, if I had limitations or a note from my doctor stating as such, I was just told to keep it in my pocket in the event anyone asked why I was not doing the PT test (if an officer popped in) and I had tow ear a PT belt at all times symbolizing a "soldier on profile".

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                  Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                  Becuase on the PRL for is asks is this "profile" temporary or permanent....but it was still filled out and signed by my civilian doctor's. I do not think an "official" profile was done. When I would go to drill, if I had limitations or a note from my doctor stating as such, I was just told to keep it in my pocket in the event anyone asked why I was not doing the PT test (if an officer popped in) and I had tow ear a PT belt at all times symbolizing a "soldier on profile".
                  Temporary or permanent, it's still a profile. I agree with Paralegal on this one, Chris. Like I mentioned in the past, you can still get an LOD if you have enough supporting documents stating that you were injured during the time you were on active duty.

                  It's not a surprise that your recruiter doesn't want to do the LOD. It's a cumbersome process that most don't know enough about and would rather avoid. Regardless if you join the Air Force or not, I would continue to push for it so that you can ensure any disability benefits you may have later on.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                    Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                    Becuase on the PRL for is asks is this "profile" temporary or permanent....but it was still filled out and signed by my civilian doctor's. I do not think an "official" profile was done. When I would go to drill, if I had limitations or a note from my doctor stating as such, I was just told to keep it in my pocket in the event anyone asked why I was not doing the PT test (if an officer popped in) and I had tow ear a PT belt at all times symbolizing a "soldier on profile".
                    Understood........there is no reason that an official profile can't be written. Without that, no one would enter the MEB process....ever, hence the way "training pipeline" troops are overlooked..which isn't the right answer.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                      A civilian doctor excuse can get you a 30 day profile. I hear that from the Admin Med people in my office when they are working with packets and such and communicating about it.... The Admin med people can also give you a temp 30 day profile without seeing a doctor. A unit can also give a temp one if they see fit without seeing a doctor.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                        Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                        Temporary or permanent, it's still a profile. I agree with Paralegal on this one, Chris. Like I mentioned in the past, you can still get an LOD if you have enough supporting documents stating that you were injured during the time you were on active duty.
                        Ok, believe, I'm on Chris' side in this thing and not trying to argue against her, but she has repeatedly mentioned she was never seen by a military doctor during training. Therefore, how can she get supporting documents stating she was injured during training?? A doctor can say all they want that it looks like the injuries happened during her training, but the army can just say it happened after she left training since nothing was said while on active duty.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                          Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                          Ok, believe, I'm on Chris' side in this thing and not trying to argue against her, but she has repeatedly mentioned she was never seen by a military doctor during training. Therefore, how can she get supporting documents stating she was injured during training?? A doctor can say all they want that it looks like the injuries happened during her training, but the army can just say it happened after she left training since nothing was said while on active duty.
                          This is exactly what my NCOIC said and why I would not be granted an LOD investigation becuase too many soldiers get hurt AFTER BCT and then claim it was the Army, especially if it leads to discharge. He said for their to be an LOD I would have HAD to gone to Sick Call while I was at BCT.

                          I'd rather not be discharged, I am not trying to seek benefits; I am trying to stay in the miltary (or get back in soon)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                            Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                            Ok, believe, I'm on Chris' side in this thing and not trying to argue against her, but she has repeatedly mentioned she was never seen by a military doctor during training. Therefore, how can she get supporting documents stating she was injured during training?? A doctor can say all they want that it looks like the injuries happened during her training, but the army can just say it happened after she left training since nothing was said while on active duty.
                            I definitely see your point and actually agree with you. I'm admittedly going off of personal experience here. I have had a couple of Soldiers who never got profiles while at BCT but were injured and seen their personal doctors when they returned from training. They were then put on profiles after the fact (sometimes YEARS after the fact). They kept all their medical records as "evidence" of their on-going problem, had statements from their unit verifying the timing of the injury, etc. In the end, they were able to show the MEB probable cause for an LOD. So, I think maybe what is important is the timing of when a Soldier sees their doctor in relation to the injury. For Chris, if she seen her doctors shortly after training, my thought was that this would be beneficial.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                              Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                              I definitely see your point and actually agree with you. I'm admittedly going off of personal experience here. I have had a couple of Soldiers who never got profiles while at BCT but were injured and seen their personal doctors when they returned from training. They were then put on profiles after the fact (sometimes YEARS after the fact). They kept all their medical records as "evidence" of their on-going problem, had statements from their unit verifying the timing of the injury, etc. In the end, they were able to show the MEB probable cause for an LOD. So, I think maybe what is important is the timing of when a Soldier sees their doctor in relation to the injury. For Chris, if she seen her doctors shortly after training, my thought was that this would be beneficial.
                              Yes its really important...the referral to the MEB process just can't won't happen unless a military doc does it while writing an official profile.

                              Also, while you are here.....go concede defeat on the BAH thread.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: A Big Thanks To Everyone On The Forum

                                Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                                I think maybe what is important is the timing of when a Soldier sees their doctor in relation to the injury. For Chris, if she seen her doctors shortly after training, my thought was that this would be beneficial.
                                I agree it should be. I definitely think it is sketchy of big army to just say, "we didnt document it so it didnt happen on our watch". Sadly...its what they tend to do though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X