X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY 2013 Africa Mission

So im from the 2-101 Cav, and im currently in Kuwait, I keep hearing about a mission to Africa in 2013.. Anybody know if thats true or not??

Re: NY 2013 Africa Mission

I have only heard about this. Click the link.

http://www.stripes.com/news/fort-ril...ategy-1.181032

Comment

I returned from Africa 14 months ago with the KSARNG. Another KS unit replaced us, and they were replaced earlier this year by a unit from TX. So if you're replacing a TX unit, then I can fill you in on what you may be doing. Depending on your rank and mos/skill sets, it could be a great deployment, or less-than-great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
        I returned from Africa 14 months ago with the KSARNG. Another KS unit replaced us, and they were replaced earlier this year by a unit from TX. So if you're replacing a TX unit, then I can fill you in on what you may be doing. Depending on your rank and mos/skill sets, it could be a great deployment, or less-than-great.
        Im a 19D, im getting my E-4 in july. i Should be home from this deploymet in Jan and I was told we leave for Africa in July... Im tryig to, first find out if its true. But it would be awesome to know what i might be doing there when/if we go.
        Thank you Sir

Comment

If this a NG deployment for at least 9 months or an exercise maneuver to last no more than 30 days?

Comment

I was told told it was a mission. My unit was supposed to be in Afghanistan in Nov of last year but that was cancelled. I volunteered for Afghanistan with this unit but got sent to Kuwait... This mission to Africa seems to be a make up mission for the NY Guard Cav..

Comment

An employee from my civilian job is in Africa (Liberia) on a mission and has been for quite a few months. Some soldiers from Michigan's Army National Guard will spend a year mentoring Liberian forces. American soldiers will help the Liberian army with everything from recruiting to combat tactics.

Not sure if this is what you are speaking of, but it is Africa.

Comment

It's a trail mix of missions. The SQD will be doing mostly force protection in Djibouti, but also military to military training. Some of the military to military are enduring missions, such as Liberia, but most are much shorter. The mentoring missions usually go to NCOs and officers. The lower enlisted were usually stuck doing force pro. Do a google search for Camp Lemonnier.

http://www.dvidshub.net/news/84280/t...-security-role

Comment

How you doing Sir I wanted to know how I go about getting on a deployment my NG unit is not really helping me out to much with this so i thought i would try to find out on my own

Comment

Originally posted by US.Army2012 View Post
                    How you doing Sir I wanted to know how I go about getting on a deployment my NG unit is not really helping me out to much with this so i thought i would try to find out on my own
                    Please remember that these deployments aren't designed for the purpose of giving someone adventure or employment, but to accomplish a national security objective. National Guard Bureau will nominate a unit for mobilization to fill the mission, and your State will fill that unit if it has any gaps in the ranks. If you're concerned that it's inconvenient for you to get mobilized, that's because the system isn't designed for the convenience of the individual Soldier. It is possible for you to get exactly what you want out of this whole experience, although if you don't, it's not because the system is broken, it's because the system was never intended to do what you're asking it to do.

Comment

OPSEC!

Comment

Working...
                      X