X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly enlisted!

I swore in yesterday. It meant a lot to me; my civilian boss was a Colonel. He swore me in and then I went to his retirementceremony. It was amazing to take the oath under such a great man and accomplished officer. Another cool bit is the fact that I will be serving in the same artillery unit that he did. I can't wait for August 21st.

Re: Newly enlisted!

Congratulations on your enlistment.

Comment

Wow man that is really cool, my boss is a ex vietnam vet that's gonna tell me I'm makeing a mistake and all kinds of negative stuff.I'm planing on seeing a recruiter later this month. But you have great motivation to be the best.

Comment

Congratulations! It sounds like you've had a great mentor. You've got big shoes to fill! When are you heading out?

Comment

I think that every newly enlisted soldier has great shoes to fill, our nation has had many great leaders serve. I had my first RSP drill weekend the same week I enlisted. I already feel motivated to better myself. I ship late August for BCT.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwind View Post
            I swore in yesterday. It meant a lot to me; my civilian boss was a Colonel. He swore me in and then I went to his retirementceremony. It was amazing to take the oath under such a great man and accomplished officer. Another cool bit is the fact that I will be serving in the same artillery unit that he did. I can't wait for August 21st.
            Officers are not likely to have made COL by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwind View Post
              I think that every newly enlisted soldier has great shoes to fill, our nation has had many great leaders serve. I had my first RSP drill weekend the same week I enlisted. I already feel motivated to better myself. I ship late August for BCT.
              Well put! You're really going to enjoy training. Basic will push you to your limits and while building you up to be stronger than you were when you came in. You'll learn first hand what it means to be a Soldier and what it took the thousands before you to become the leaders they are today. It will definitely be one of your proudest moments!

As you get ready, there's a packing list on the National Guard website that's helpful. Here's a direct link if you're interested: http://bit.ly/M4OWaq.

Let me know if you have any questions about how to get prepared. Good luck!
              Last edited by RyCass; June 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM. Reason: Shortened URL

Comment

I appreciate the link. My RNCO is awesome and works hard to prepare us for basic. Including how to prepare for shipping. Our cadre brags that Utah has the best RSP program and after three drills, I'm starting to believe it. My PFT scores are steadily improving (I still need to improve on push ups), I've memorized my General Orders, Soldiers Creed and the Army values. I've run room clearings, reaction to contact, assault and ambush and so much more in. Just three drills. I always come home sore and motivated. I am excited for BCT and so glad that I will have some education going in.

Comment

I wish my RSP would do something that fun. I just had my 3rd drill last weekend.

Comment

Congrats, you are about to have the most fun of your life.

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck to you!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X