X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSDR Clerk

Great news, I finally got my full time Guard job, didnt make it quite to AGR but i'm a Tech now. State moved all PSDR to the field, we added it to Brigade leval to accomplish this. Not sure if its Nation wide or specific to Wisconsin but it doesnt really matter and wont give more specifics anyways. So I'm working at Brigade where I am also an Mday Soldier which is nice that I dont have to go between two units. Got an EPS fill letter to get a promotion which would involve transferring and its over 50 miles so i'm denying but that was cool too, didnt know I was up there on the list. And i'm learning so much information that hopefully will also be an asset to this site if questions arrise regarding those types of transactions. Win win! Well if i'd find time to actually read these forums again. I'm still getting used to the 600 miles/week commute, manditory PT five days/week and i'm on info overload still as its very new. I hadnt worked much the last 2.5 years and to jump right into this is quite a change. But in short, very valuable info and I hope to also use it for Admin questions in here.

Re: PSDR Clerk

AWESOME! Congrats Becky! Looks like you and I both will actually be the resident Admin experts. I am leaving the RSP because I was recently picked up off the promotion list and I'm becoming a Battalion S1. We'll have to bounce questions off each other to see how things are run in different states. When did you start?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      AWESOME! Congrats Becky! Looks like you and I both will actually be the resident Admin experts. I am leaving the RSP because I was recently picked up off the promotion list and I'm becoming a Battalion S1. We'll have to bounce questions off each other to see how things are run in different states. When did you start?
      Congrats!

It's time for me to move on too. 18+ months as a IN PL at a Rifle Company so I may be looking for a PL slot at a Heavy Weapons Company to get some more diversified.

Comment

20120326, very recent. Just learned DMA 22s today, pretty decent at reviewing all docs, post/perm which in turn made me learn tons about the requirements of each doc including support doc and how each one is filled out, routed, how to cut orders, which docs to look at when reviewing.... and such. I get to go on an IC Inspect this week too. SGT promoion would be nice, espcially now dealing with the Battalion S1s but i'm happy drilling and working at the same unit for now and for sure decided to deny it. I did however, re up for two years today. My ETS was six months out. No bonus since the Tech job so decided on the two for now.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
          20120326, very recent. Just learned DMA 22s today, pretty decent at reviewing all docs, post/perm which in turn made me learn tons about the requirements of each doc including support doc and how each one is filled out, routed, how to cut orders, which docs to look at when reviewing.... and such. I get to go on an IC Inspect this week too. SGT promoion would be nice, espcially now dealing with the Battalion S1s but i'm happy drilling and working at the same unit for now and for sure decided to deny it. I did however, re up for two years today. My ETS was six months out. No bonus since the Tech job so decided on the two for now.
          https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active...RArmyTimes.pdf <<<
          Sounds quite interesting.... So if I may ask, is it really that different? Aside from making the brigades more functional, work wise is there much of a difference?

Comment

You mean since State sent it out to the field? After my last post I actually googled it and found some interesting information on the restructure and reasoning why and it was nationwide. Or you mean Brigade level as opposed to Battalion or unit?

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
              You mean since State sent it out to the field? After my last post I actually googled it and found some interesting information on the restructure and reasoning why and it was nationwide. Or you mean Brigade level as opposed to Battalion or unit?
              Just refering to how your unit was before implementation, to after. If that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureEngineer View Post
                Just refering to how your unit was before implementation, to after. If that makes sense?
                It is nice to know that you are interested how administrative actions are now handled in regards to changes in processes and current technologies. What that link means is that before; if soldiers in the field needed to have updates to their records, information had to be sent up to be submitted and processed; now access and privileges are being passed down to those unit clerks. There are applications called eMILPO that admin soldiers use to update soldiers records with school completions and award information plus alot more. There is a system called RAPIDS that S1 uses to update or unlock soldiers' CAC cards and sometimes there are issues with it operating on a strategic network in a deployed environment. Now; these units get issued on their property books a little satellite system called VSAT (CAISI is used to connect other computers to the VSAT network via wireless) that they use in a deployed environment so their boxes would not require domain access or receive pushes via GPO updates that will damage their systems. It affords the unit to be self-sustained without the reliance on the BN or BDEs tactical comms or theater strategic comms.

There are some titles in an MTOE position that might not make sense when set in garrison. When I was in the Guard; my job was just training to be in that deployed position but it did not happen. Meaning none of our tasks or METL actually related to something tangible for garrison. Like a PSD that trains submitting doing casualty reports, NCOERs, 4817s yet when there is another unit 10 miles down the road who are doing it real-world (e.g. at troop command). My drills were like a constant training exercise.

So, probably in her case; what you read was totally transparent to her or a title for a deployed support unit.

Understand?
                Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                  It is nice to know that you are interested how administrative actions are now handled in regards to changes in processes and current technologies. What that link means is that before; if soldiers in the field needed to have updates to their records, information had to be sent up to be submitted and processed; now access and privileges are being passed down to those unit clerks. There are applications called eMILPO that admin soldiers use to update soldiers records with school completions and award information plus alot more. There is a system called RAPIDS that S1 uses to update or unlock soldiers' CAC cards and sometimes there are issues with it operating on a strategic network in a deployed environment. Now; these units get issued on their property books a little satellite system called VSAT (CAISI is used to connect other computers to the VSAT network via wireless) that they use in a deployed environment so their boxes would not require domain access or receive pushes via GPO updates that will damage their systems. It affords the unit to be self-sustained without the reliance on the BN or BDEs tactical comms or theater strategic comms.

There are some titles in an MTOE position that might not make sense when set in garrison. When I was in the Guard; my job was just training to be in that deployed position but it did not happen. Meaning none of our tasks or METL actually related to something tangible for garrison. Like a PSD that trains submitting doing casualty reports, NCOERs, 4817s yet when there is another unit 10 miles down the road who are doing it real-world (e.g. at troop command). My drills were like a constant training exercise.

So, probably in her case; what you read was totally transparent to her or a title for a deployed support unit.

Understand?
                  Actually I do, that makes a lot of sense. So it makes communications for the administrative needs of the lower echelons easier and more productive, and frees traffic from the network, steamlining processes. (or at least speeding them up).

Correct?

If I understand correctly, it should also lead to reduced loss of paperwork to go along with it? (or at least less administrative errors?)

Comment

Actually I do, that makes a lot of sense. So it makes communications for the administrative needs of the lower echelons easier and more productive, and frees traffic from the network, steamlining processes. (or at least speeding them up).

Correct?

If I understand correctly, it should also lead to reduced loss of paperwork to go along with it? (or at least less administrative errors?)

There is still human error involved. Admin forms usually require digital signatures and for the document to flow within myforms but there have been times that the reviewer has delayed his part by not checking the system or totally forgetting. So something that should take a day or two for turnaround time has been delayed by 30 days and now a memo of lateness has to be submitted. The technology is there but that does not mean we are using it optimally.

Comment

There is still human error involved. Admin forms usually require digital signatures and for the document to flow within myforms but there have been times that the reviewer has delayed his part by not checking the system or totally forgetting. So something that should take a day or two for turnaround time has been delayed by 30 days and now a memo of lateness has to be submitted. The technology is there but that does not mean we are using it optimally.
                      That makes sense.

But here's a thought, what if EMP (the worse case scenario) were to occur? So not only would everyone's optics be disabled, their pay and documentation would too? Ouch!

Comment

That makes sense.

But here's a thought, what if EMP (the worse case scenario) were to occur? So not only would everyone's optics be disabled, their pay and documentation would too? Ouch!
                        As long as there is not a nuclear detonation associated with it; then I am good.

Comment

As long as there is not a nuclear detonation associated with it; then I am good.
                          Wouldn't be too bad, just don't go to the light! (And make sure the light doesn't come to you!)

But that is pretty cool though. It must make life at least a bit easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X