Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

mTBI and the Purple Heart - Your Opinion?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mTBI and the Purple Heart - Your Opinion?

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
    Hey! Were there any Navy SEALS there?!???!?!?! Let me know!

(jab at the only positive military news in the media as of late)
    Are you going to see the Act of Valor movie? Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      Are you going to see the Act of Valor movie? Looks good.
      Duh! Right after I go buy all the SOCOM video games! Because it has Navy Seals! And O-M-G...if it features SEAL Team 6, expect me to drool like 13yr old at a Justin Bieber concert.

Comment

I'm about to finish "Ghost Soldiers."

Comment

I am in the RIP phase of my deployment and I have to say, being in a BSB for a Infantry Brigade has its moments.

I have been to awards ceremonies where Soldiers got a PH for being in an IED blast but had no physical injuries and I recently saw all Soldiers that were on my FOB that got hit by a barrage of rockets last month; get the CAB placed on their ORB/ERB. Many Soldiers were playing X-box during the attack and was just told to remain in their room. But now they have a CAB for their deployment and never went on one (outside the wire) ground op. Go figure.

But on the other hand, Bronze Stars were not issued out like candy. A very few in my BN/Co. received them. Many senior NCOs/Junior and Field Grade received an ARCOM. I was baffled because some really went above and beyond and was shocked to find out that their award was not downgraded but they were not even put in for it initially. So how the balance has flipped. Junior Soldiers complaining how an E-7 and above easily receives a BSM and now Soldiers easily getting a CAB award. BTW, the submission was pushed from the BDE CDR (O-5) who is an Infantry Officer/Ranger Tab.

Comment

Is it still the case where active duty gets more awards than the national guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              Is it still the case where active duty gets more awards than the national guard?
              I would not know since I did not deploy with my old NG unit when I switched to AD nor know the stats of EOT awards for reserve component individuals.

But at least you will be able to receive alot of state awards that AD will never be eligible for.

Comment

I heard from a MAJ and a LTC that NG soldiers get fewer awards when attached to AD units. Just seeing if that is true....

Comment

Anything without a "V" device is heavily regulated. BSMs are hard to get because the Brigade can only hand out so many.

Source: The exact explanation as to why my BSM was downgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                    Anything without a "V" device is heavily regulated. BSMs are hard to get because the Brigade can only hand out so many.

Source: The exact explanation as to why my BSM was downgraded.

That does make sense. If you were an E-5 that was recommended for a BSM; that speaks volumes for you. At least you have the initial 638 that proves that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                      I heard from a MAJ and a LTC that NG soldiers get fewer awards when attached to AD units. Just seeing if that is true....
                      Fewer or a lessor award? Everyone should leave theater with at least an ARCOM (But I have seen 2LT/1LT receive an AAM). But we had some late deployers that received an COA plus some Soldiers who got in trouble during the deployment.
                      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; November 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        That does make sense. If you were an E-5 that was recommended for a BSM; that speaks volumes for you. [b]At least you have the initial 638 that proves that.[b]
                        I also have the initial initial that has giant red ink all over it basically saying, "hah, no."

Comment

Pretty simply yes: "A "wound" is defined as an injury to any part of the body from an outside force or agent..."

Comment

Working...
                          X