Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
kid limit? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kid limit?

    26 y/o male from texas

    B.A.

    need marijuana waiver from misdemeanor arrest in 97

    i am getting divorced from estranged spouse and have custody of 3 children from marriage

    if me and current girlfriend get married will i become eligible since i will no longer be a single parent?

    she has 2 children

    is there limit on children?

    can i obtain a waiver for this?

  • #2
    Originally posted by lttlbitoflife
    26 y/o male from texas

    B.A.

    need marijuana waiver from misdemeanor arrest in 97

    i am getting divorced from estranged spouse and have custody of 3 children from marriage

    if me and current girlfriend get married will i become eligible since i will no longer be a single parent?

    she has 2 children

    is there limit on children?

    can i obtain a waiver for this?
    Yes you will need a waiver for what we call a dependency waiver. It will entail you and your recruiter doing a Family Care Plan. Its extra paperwork thats all. No big deal. We do allow single parents to join the Guard.

    Comment


    • #3
      As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of children you may have when you enlist or during your military career. Also, there is nothing wrong with being married when you enlist. I believe that you may be confused with the policy for the United States Military Academy (West Point) which says that the applicant may not be married prior to attending. This policy does not apply to regular enlistment, nor does it apply if you enlist and decide to go to Officer Candidate School (OCS).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PARecruiter11B24
        Yes you will need a waiver for what we call a dependency waiver. It will entail you and your recruiter doing a Family Care Plan. Its extra paperwork thats all. No big deal. We do allow single parents to join the Guard.
        thanks for your response

        i'm thinking that the tattoo on neck thing will keep me out though...

        1 is on the back of it and i have 2 small ones on the side of neck

        appreciate the assistance

        god bless

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lttlbitoflife
          thanks for your response

          i'm thinking that the tattoo on neck thing will keep me out though...

          1 is on the back of it and i have 2 small ones on the side of neck

          appreciate the assistance

          god bless
          Not nessesarly. You can have a tattoo on the back of your neck now, also if the ones on your kneck do not go past your ears, and they are not racist, gang related, or extremest than you can join the Guard. Go see a recruiter to see if the tat's will be an issue.

          Comment

          Working...
          X