X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full time opportunities

I know the Guard is usually just 2 weeks in the summer and 1 weekend a month, but us there a way I can be more full time? Are there opportunities right away as soon as you join?

You can do AGR which is working active duty jobs at home. -PV2 Chaille

Comment

Ok thank you! I know I have to be 17, and I turn 17 in August of this year. I will be going into my senior year of high school, will I have to wait to join until I am out of high school because I will be in school in September and can't do basic training until after?

Comment

And you have to be 18 for AGR...would I be able to switch if I join regularly when I am 17?

Comment

AGR positions are hard to come by and highly competitive. Do not plan on getting an AGR slot right out of AIT, you do not 'join regularly'. If you want a guaranteed full-time position then consider Active Duty. AGR slots are applied for, interviewed for and there will usually be many other soldiers qualified with a plethra of experience.

PV2 Chaille should not be giving advice he doesn't know about or giving you the impression an AGR position is just something you can 'pick' to do, there are many factors involved.

Comment

Working...
          X