X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching from guard to active army while in college

yes i was wanting to know if i decide to go active while im a junior in college. How would that work with me trying to finish college i really want to go active but i wanna get my degree. can somebody help

Are you currently in the NG? If not then don't join, wait till you graduate college and then talk to an active duty recruiter. OR you can join the NG, go to basic and AIT and then contract with ROTC at the university and compete for an active duty commission. That of course is assuming you have any desire to become an officer. If not then the first stated course of action would be best. Once you are in the NG they will own you and getting released to go active is difficult. To compound the issue IF you get released then you will be considered prior service to the active component and your options will be very limited or there may be none at all. Active duty is going through a huge purge while they try to decrease the force.

Comment

• futureguard_borges
      futureguard_borges commented
      Editing a comment
      after college my contract will be over so i was thinking trying to go to ocs for the marine corps after i get my degree and my contract with the NG is over

Originally posted by futureguard_borges View Post
    yes i was wanting to know if i decide to go active while im a junior in college. How would that work with me trying to finish college i really want to go active but i wanna get my degree. can somebody help
    How would it work? I'd say 80% chance it wouldn't work unless you are going to an online school.

Comment

Working...
    X