Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: from guard to active

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
    Roger. We get what you are saying.

Can't tell much about your or you situation from your limited posts, but I'll make a few assumptions. Correct me if I am wrong.

A) New to the NG.
    B) Just finished AIT and are now back home.
    C) The AD pay you got during your IT was pretty nice and you want it back.

Now, the problem with trying to go AD at this point are multiple. A) The NG just spent a ton of $$$ training you for a job. B) You have nothing for them to evaluate you on save a DA 1059 and PT card. C) You are slotted in a MOS that they needed, hence, they recruited you for that slot.

You are an investment. They need you where you are currently at. They have a vested interest in your performing the job you volunteered for. So, going from NG to AD at this stage in highly, highly unlikely. You can try, but you need to mentally prepare yourself for them saying "No".

Now about you transportation situation. When you enlisted, your unit and locale were communication to you in your contract. You knew you would be having to go there for drill eventually. Now, yes, bad things do happen that cause issues... transpo is a fairly common one. What you need to do is to get in contact with your unit ASAP and ask for an alert roster and explain your situation. Again though, you need to mentally prepare yourself for hearing "You're an adult, you need to get yourself here". The NG is not bound to transpo you to and from your unit.

There are plenty of resources in your platoon and I am 99% positive one of your little hooah battle buddies will help you out. But you need to do that initial legwork and make that call.
    +another 100. You may have the MRE of your choice from the gift basket sir.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      +another 100. You may have the MRE of your choice from the gift basket sir.
      I'll take the Buffalo Chicken!

Comment

wow

Comment

Working...
        X