X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard to Active Duty Army?

So lets say I join the Army National Guard, go to College, take Army ROTC, and graduate as a Commissioned Officer.

Once I become an Officer, is there anyway I could transfer or get into the Army in Active Duty all while still being a Commissioned Officer?
    I looked around and people were saying it isn't possible and that it is a hard process to achieve if it even works.
    Could someone please help? Thanks.

Re: National Guard to Active Duty Army?

Ok, I just saw the sticky thread after posting this, but it still doesnt answer my question. What does all of that even mean?

Comment

Re: National Guard to Active Duty Army?

Originally posted by dclark96 View Post
      So lets say I join the Army National Guard, go to College, take Army ROTC, and graduate as a Commissioned Officer.

Once I become an Officer, is there anyway I could transfer or get into the Army in Active Duty all while still being a Commissioned Officer?
      I looked around and people were saying it isn't possible and that it is a hard process to achieve if it even works.
      Could someone please help? Thanks.
      There are legal and regulatory provisions that allow a National Guard officer to transition to the active component. I can think of two former colleagues off the top of my head who did just that.

Whether the active component actually wants you is an entirely different question. Both of those fellows had some specific skills and backgrounds that you just won't have, and they also made that transition at the height of the Iraq campaign, when the active component had some personnel needs. That's why you've seen both answers posted on this topic. Yes, it's possible in theory; and no, it's not realistic in practice.

Comment

Working...
      X