X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the enlistment time options for both NPS and PS

ive looked all over the internet and cant find a full list of enlistment lengths I can choose im currently working on getting back in and don't no if ill fall under PS or NPS cuz of my discharge

You are not considered a prior service applicant because you did not complete your IET. You fall into the middle ground as Glossary Non Prior Service (GNPS). Keep in mind I'm not a recruiter, but this is the same status I came back into. I re-attended IET (11B OSUT), didn't get (or deserve) anything special. As far as term went, the MNARNG requird that I complete my previous contract and that my previous time would be removed from my IRR time at the end of my contract.

Hope that sheds a little light on issue.

Comment

so I would have to do a 6x2 contract I want to do an 8x0 but I haven't found any where saying that's available I no you can change to that about a year before your IRR

Comment

I would not concern myself with that until my waiver is approved. You will just sign up for a 6X2 contract and get all the benefits. There is no 8X0 contract or one that gives more bennies than 6X2. Just understand with the new recruiting policies, it is much easier to enlist people with no issues or that require waivers. Good luck.

Comment

ok that's what I was trying to find out I didn't really care about getting more benefits I just wanted a longer enlistment time

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson View Post
            You are not considered a prior service applicant because you did not complete your IET. You fall into the middle ground as Glossary Non Prior Service (GNPS). Keep in mind I'm not a recruiter, but this is the same status I came back into. I re-attended IET (11B OSUT), didn't get (or deserve) anything special. As far as term went, the MNARNG requird that I complete my previous contract and that my previous time would be removed from my IRR time at the end of my contract.

Hope that sheds a little light on issue.
            so for you how long did just the waiver part take to be approved cuz for me that's the hard part I could enlist right now but I just need that waiver right now im at about 7 month and as far as I no he hasn't sent my waiver in yet he claiming he will have me in around oct sometime if what hes saying is true

Comment

I was able to get back in to the guard in 2009. End of year recruiting put me in on the 26th after I had been told there was no chance for the fiscal year, but a late push for numbers changed that. The entire process took somewhere around a year and a half, I'd figure. It'll be interesting to see what happens for FY14 budget wise, as I've heard a lot of talk in the office (and in turn, done a lot of number crunching/prioritization). Funding for FY15 is another story completely.

Comment

so your say if i'm going to get in I better get my waiver this year cuz the chances next year will most likely be no unless we go to was or get a pretty big budget increase..... so out of that year and a half how long was the time it took for just your waiver to be approved after you recruiter sent it in cuz my recruiters saying he'll have me in by oct would that make the process be around a month or so then...... im trying to get the most info I can about this cuz my recruiter hasn't given me any info ive ben pushing hard to get back in hes my fourth recruiter ive had to go to cuz others were not willing

Comment

What is your RE and SPD code? If your waiver is granted, you'll enlist as a GNPS if you didn't complete BCT and you will incur the remainder of your original MSO.

Comment

re code 3 jga

Comment

Working...
                    X