X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Funding

I recently was appointed by the CO to be the go to guy for information regarding our unit's funding. He asked me to put together information in some presentable fashion, (thank you BOLC for the in-depth training in the wonderful world of PowerPoint,) about what "pools" of money are available to our unit and how to properly request, access and track our usage.

I have a fairly strong background in finance/accounting in my civilian career but have never dealt with unit funding in the guard. I've just begun my search to see what's out there and thought I'd post here on this forum to get any feedback and tips from the pros.

Basically, from my understanding, there are various accounts or "pools" of money our unit can draw from for various things that require financing. Whether it be to buy new equipment, upgrade our drill hall, or MWR activities, each "pool" has its own unique set of funds and unique way to request those funds.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

If you could write a book, "Reserve Component Finances for Dummies" you could retire.

You would be jumping the chain a lot but someone at the USPF&O could explain the acronyms to you and the limits to the pots of money. It's a complex system that at the company level, you'll have very little visibility on.

Comment

A good resource will be someone that is located at your higher S8/G8 shop. You should have a sit down with that person. My XO and I did and it helped immensely.

Comment

The USPF&O is the J/G 8.....

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
          If you could write a book, "Reserve Component Finances for Dummies" you could retire.

You would be jumping the chain a lot but someone at the USPF&O could explain the acronyms to you and the limits to the pots of money. It's a complex system that at the company level, you'll have very little visibility on.
          This.

Comment

After your blatant disrespect for fellow officers and enlisted on goarmy forums, I just scan over your posts. BTW, no need to respond to mine as well.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you suggestions. I'm tag teaming this with my Readiness NCO. This drill we'll see what we can come up with. I don't think I'll be writing any books but hopefully we can wrap our heads around this stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X