Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my rights to see the information included in my extension request?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my rights to see the information included in my extension request?

I am currently flagged for an out of regulation tattoo that I am having removed. My ETS is September 5th and my unit is requesting an extension waiver from the G1 so that I can stay in, however, their intentions are clear that they do not want the request to be approved. Therefore, they have included in the extension request all my past NCOERs, findings from an investigation and other information that would be construed as negative in order to encourage the G1 to make the determination I am not worth extending. I have requested to see the documentation that is being submitted to the G1. I feel it is within my rights to see the information submitted about me, since it will be used to make the determination of if I am extended or not. My unit has denied my request to see any of the documents that were submitted. Is this a violation of the Freedom of Information Act? I believe it is a soldiers right to see information that has a direct effect on their career and future in the military.

It's not a violation of Freedom of Information Act as you haven't done a formal request.

I'm confused, they're doing an extension that they don't want you to get?

Comment

I'm also puzzled by some of what you've written. I must remind readers that a commander has no obligation to request a waiver if he determines that it is not in the best interests of the force.

Comment

Working...
      X