X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer secondary MOS

As an officer, how do you go about getting a secondary mos? Is it the same ammount of time as BOLC is?

It's not an MOS, it's a branch.

Comment

• Armymp24818
      Armymp24818 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bro.....any advice on acquiring a secondary BRANCH qualification or just lingo corrections.

Chris is a sis; not a bro.

Comment

Just lingo corrections. You're welcome.

Comment

I have known a few officer that went to BOLC for whatever branch they started out in as O-1's and then when it came time to pin O-3 they went to a captain career course in a different branch. Two of my former company commanders did this. One started out as infantry branch then went to CCC for Engineer branch. The other started out as artillery and then went to CC for Engineer branch. One of our platoon leaders (Engineer branch) wants to switch to logistics.

I don't know of any other way to switch branches unless that career field disappears from your state shortly after returning from BOLC. Then maybe in that rare circumstance someone might go to BOLC for a different branch.

It is also my understanding that in order to be infantry or aviation you have to start out as either infantry or aviation and you cannot change over to that branch by going to its respective CCC. That may or may not be accurate, hopefully one of the commissioned officers on this forum can correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
          I have known a few officer that went to BOLC for whatever branch they started out in as O-1's and then when it came time to pin O-3 they went to a captain career course in a different branch. Two of my former company commanders did this. One started out as infantry branch then went to CCC for Engineer branch. The other started out as artillery and then went to CC for Engineer branch. One of our platoon leaders (Engineer branch) wants to switch to logistics.

I don't know of any other way to switch branches unless that career field disappears from your state shortly after returning from BOLC. Then maybe in that rare circumstance someone might go to BOLC for a different branch.

It is also my understanding that in order to be infantry or aviation you have to start out as either infantry or aviation and you cannot change over to that branch by going to its respective CCC. That may or may not be accurate, hopefully one of the commissioned officers on this forum can correct me.
          I'm not sure about the policy on this but I've noticed that it seems like that in practice. It would seem that it's not hard going from combat arms to non combat arms, but the other way around is far less common.

However, I believe if an officer does become SF-qualified, he is CMF 11 qualified as well.

In any event, it's highly recommended to go to as many CCCs as you can especially in the drawdown environment.

Comment

Working...
          X