X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation for SSD

Does anyone know anything about compensation for SSD? I was told by my unit I would be paid for completing SSD, but I was never paid for this. I am not flagged for any reason. I am an E-6. When this was brought to my units attention, they just told me that things have changed and now I wont be paid. I would love to see a memo or something relating to this. I put ALOT of time into this and am pretty ticked that I am recieving no pay for my time. Thank you

http://ncojournal.dodlive.mil/2013/0...f-development/

http://community.armystudyguide.com/...5757044966/p/1
    • Kimberly Wright 10 months ago I have heard that soldiers under E-6 are getting paid for finnishing SSD courses. Does anyone know if there is a memo on this.

• Jason Kimberly Wright 10 months ago USARC Memo - Subject: Interim Guidance for Utilizing Additional Training Assemblies (ATAs) for Electronic Based Distributed Learning (EBDL) Courses
        Dated: 19 DEC 2012

Army Reserve Pay Message 12-19
        List of approved EBDL courses are available on ATRRS website.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; March 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Holy **** we could get paid to complete SSD?! I just finished the ALC-CC. It really did consume a lot of my time, I compare it to a 3 credit hour college course.

Comment

From what I was told by my PL is that you need to submit the form (don't remember the number off the top of my head) BEFORE you start SSD-1. If you submit it after you start SSD-1 you are SOL on payment. I was told this right after I started the first module.

Comment

You can be paid for NCOES/OES but it's paid using RMAs. If your unit doesn't have any or very few, then you maybe out of luck. You can also do it for points. For both ways, you use a 1380. Same form you use to make up a drill.

On a side note, if you don't want to do SSD, then don't take promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            You can be paid for NCOES/OES but it's paid using RMAs. If your unit doesn't have any or very few, then you maybe out of luck. You can also do it for points. For both ways, you use a 1380. Same form you use to make up a drill.

On a side note, if you don't want to do SSD, then don't take promotions.
            This. Congrats on doing your part to meet the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post

This. Congrats on doing your part to meet the standard.
              A little compensation to complete helps. For promotion I do it regardless if I get paid to or not. However, working 40 hours a week and taking 12 credit hours on top of completing SSD is a pain in the ass. Its documented time you are devoting to the military so I think it is the right thing to pay soldiers for that time. Besides, once a soldier takes on more rank and responsibility there is plenty of time devoted to the NG between drills that is not compensated. Might as well help soldiers when and where you can.

Comment

This is a good incentive for Soldiers for the Reserve Components. FYI, this does not apply to active duty Soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                X