Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD 368

Hi All!

I joined the NG a while ago thinking that they were offering an AGR position as 70B. I completed BCT and went back to my Officer Strength Manager and was told that neither AGR nor 70B were guaranteed as it is not in my contract. Now, I joined because I wanted to actively serve my country. I went in thinking that I will be advancing my career full-time through the Guard. Now that I found out that this may not happen I have researched my options and know that my only hope is a signed DD 368 to be released to the active army component.

But: To become 70B I swore in as O9S. I was admitted to AOCS and am now in Phase 0. From research I am pretty sureI will not have a chance for a conditional release once I become a 2LT. Does anyone know if I have a slight chance to be released if I step down from OCS to enlistment and get an MOS? Do I assume correctly that if my DD 368 as enlisted gets denied my whole future in the Guard will be affected by me stepping down and trying to be released?

Appreciate any constructive input!

Have you talked to an AMEDD recruiter to see if you're qualified?

Comment

Working...
    X