X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting a new tattoo?

I went to MEPS on Tuesday and was disqualified, I need to get something from my doctor before i can continue with the enlistment process. My question is would i be able to get a new tattoo between now and when i go back? or will that be seen as a bad thing to MEPS?

It would depend on the type and location of the tattoo. I guess my thought on your question is "Why would you take the chance of possibly harming your ability to join?"

Comment

Rather than ask if you "can," you might consider whether you "should." I know of many people who have regretted tattoos, I have not yet met someone who regretted not getting one. You would reduce the complexity and risk of your situation by waiting until your return from Basic and AIT to make this decision. When you return, either you'll get a different tattoo to reflect your experience and achievement, or you you'll decide that you won't get one at all. Either way, it's better than getting one now.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
        Rather than ask if you "can," you might consider whether you "should." I know of many people who have regretted tattoos, I have not yet met someone who regretted not getting one. You would reduce the complexity and risk of your situation by waiting until your return from Basic and AIT to make this decision. When you return, either you'll get a different tattoo to reflect your experience and achievement, or you you'll decide that you won't get one at all. Either way, it's better than getting one now.
        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Docs at MEPS told us no tattoos in between our enlistment and ship date. They said they'd consider it an open wound if it was within a certain time frame and we wouldn't ship. Even if you're waiting for an entire year they'll have to document the new tattoo, etc. Why gunk up the works?

Comment

Working...
          X