X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1095 Calculator

Anyone know of a site that you can input orders in and get an accurate 1095 count? Additionally, I'm trying to find some "ground truth" regarding which orders (12301d, etc) count and which ones don't. Also, is there a way to "reset" your clock short of going off orders?

SECDEF

Re: 1095 Calculator

I recommend you review this thread: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...1-095-day-rule

I am by no means an expert in this area, but others on these forums may be able to shed more light.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; September 6th, 2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

SecDef?? Lol

Comment

Secret Defender?

Comment

Secretary of Defense.

Comment

The answer can be found in the PPG here

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/MilitaryP...8-Aug-2013.pdf

for title 10 situations and here

https://g1arng.army.pentagon.mil/Policies (look for PPOM 13-020)

for Guardisms.

Basically 12301d and 32 USC 502(f) orders are the ones that matter. The 1095 is calculated from your most recent period of 1460 days of service. There is no way to "reset" the clock, but as you can see there are a variety of orders you can be on other than 12301d, especially in the Guard (i.e. title 32 of any kind).
            Last edited by realitycheck; September 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Ask your Readiness NCO for a copy of your RPAM statement, which will show your periods of service and duty status at the time.

There's nothing illegal about exceeding 1095 days of ADOS service. What it means, however, is that you would count against the AGR end-strength of the state. That's a high price for the state, because it means they can't fill an AGR vacancy at that point. Thus, as a practical matter, approaching the 1095 mark means that your ADOS orders will end. Ref: PPG, para 1-2d(2), and NDAA 2005.

There is no "reset," there's only serving in another duty status that does not count against the 1095 rule to allow time to pass until more of your 1095 time falls outside the 1460 window.

ADOS was designed to staff temporary projects and missions, not to serve as a career. That's why so many of the operations folks at Bureau and even the Pentagon were ADOS, because at some point the wars had to come to an end.

I would caution readers about looking at the PPG too narrowly, or about trying to apply conditions for a situation different than the one that you are facing. The requirements for a mobilization are similar, but do differ, from the requirements to serve on ADOS, or AGR, or normal M-Day service. It's easy for Soldiers to get confused about all this, or not even realize that there are different statuses, each of which may have its own complexities.
              Last edited by matthew.ritchie; September 7th, 2013, 11:33 PM. Reason: additional detail

Comment

Looking at an RPAM will not give you an accurate count as that will show any days of active duty performed, to include statuses that do not count, like previous regular army time and 12302 orders.
                Last edited by realitycheck; September 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

That is why it is wise to keep all copies of your LES. No guarantee that you can have them all on Mypay.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                    That is why it is wise to keep all copies of your LES. No guarantee that you can have them all on Mypay.
                    What does that have to do with anything? That still would not address the 1095 out of 1460 if you don't know what orders count and what don't...which we have now learned is 12301d and 502(f).

Comment

I was referring to people who think their RPAS statement or retirement points that are not accurate. I was always told to always keep your old LES.

Comment

I was referring to people who think their RPAS statement or retirement points that are not accurate. I was always told to always keep your old LES.
                        I wasn't implying RPAMs are inaccurate, although that could be a possibilty. I was pointing out that even though you may have 1095 active duty points, indicating 3 years of active duty, doesn't mean all of those days would count against the 1095 rule.

Comment

Yes, I got off track from the initial 1095 question. Here is a good memo on that.

http://www.ut.ngb.army.mil/hro/ADOS%..._12301_(d).pdf

Comment

On the above link, I was referring to page 6

Comment

Yes, I got off track from the initial 1095 question. Here is a good memo on that.

http://www.ut.ngb.army.mil/hro/ADOS%..._12301_(d).pdf
                              You can get to the current memo going through my link a few posts back via the G1 gateway. Although, for this particular topic both of the personel memos say the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X