Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you gift for recruiter

Good afternoon,
    I have recently enlisted in the Utah Army National Guard, I had an extremely helpful recruiter who spent long hours and time on weekends over the period of a couple months to help me get the position and unit I wanted to be in. I want to thank him for how well everything turned out in the end, he was the key to starting me on the best path for my future. Is it inappropriate to send a thank you gift to him? Completely professional, not expensive, perhaps just a card or gift certificate so he can take his wife to dinner? Or are they not allowed to accept those things? I know he was just doing his job, but I feel he went over the top for me and I want to show how grateful I am. Thank you for any advice.

Re: Thank you gift for recruiter

Originally posted by katelove View Post
    Good afternoon,
    I have recently enlisted in the Utah Army National Guard, I had an extremely helpful recruiter who spent long hours and time on weekends over the period of a couple months to help me get the position and unit I wanted to be in. I want to thank him for how well everything turned out in the end, he was the key to starting me on the best path for my future. Is it inappropriate to send a thank you gift to him? Completely professional, not expensive, perhaps just a card or gift certificate so he can take his wife to dinner? Or are they not allowed to accept those things? I know he was just doing his job, but I feel he went over the top for me and I want to show how grateful I am. Thank you for any advice.
    A thank you card would be fine. Don't send anything of value.

Comment

katelove,
      I concur with realitycheck. A thank you card is acceptable and welcomed.

Comment

A thank you card is great. A couple of letters from BCT & AIT are always welcome, I love to hear from those I've enlisted.

More than anything, please share your success story and good experience with others. Most good Recruiters make their living off of referrals if they've taken care of their soldiers as it sounds like yours did.

Congrats on finding a good one, we often hear about the bad ones.

Comment

Working...
        X