Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of joining the ANG!?

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
    I was 20 when it occurred and I've already told my recruiter about it. I did not get finger printered and it gets expunged after a few months but I figured the military can find out even if it gets expunged.
    It doesnt get expunged unless you get it expunged. People for whatever reason commonly think expungements happen as part of the court process or plea deal they have...doesnt work that way.

for the record...they would not find it if you were not fingerprinted.

Comment

I was 20 when it occurred and I've already told my recruiter about it. I did not get finger printered and it gets expunged after a few months but I figured the military can find out even if it gets expunged.
      What did your recruiter say?

Comment

In South Dakota I've been told your first underage gets off your record if you take classes for it. My recruiter didn't say a whole lot he just told me I can't join tell my classes are done with. It shouldn't affect me getting in but in 4 years when I apply for a pilot slot I think it will. That's my biggest concern!

Comment

What kind of classes?

Comment

In South Dakota I've been told your first underage gets off your record if you take classes for it. My recruiter didn't say a whole lot he just told me I can't join tell my classes are done with. It shouldn't affect me getting in but in 4 years when I apply for a pilot slot I think it will. That's my biggest concern!
            If something is "taken off a record" you would have in hand an order directing so by the court. Do you have an order under South Dakota statue 23A-27-17 directing such?
            Last edited by realitycheck; July 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X