X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASU's to Prom?

I'm probably going to get made fun of for asking this, but I will be attending basic next summer (I swear in, in October because of the 270 days before basic training rule and will attend RSP till summer), And then return for my senior year of High School. Now I know not to wear my ACU's to school, that just makes you look like an idiot. But am I aloud to wear my ASU's to my senior prom and homecoming dance if I wear it responsibly and with respect?

Re: ASU's to Prom?

Originally posted by KCousins18 View Post
    I'm probably going to get made fun of for asking this, but I will be attending basic next summer (I swear in, in October because of the 270 days before basic training rule and will attend RSP till summer), And then return for my senior year of High School. Now I know not to wear my ACU's to school, that just makes you look like an idiot. But am I aloud to wear my ASU's to my senior prom and homecoming dance if I wear it responsibly and with respect?
    Not as bad as you will get made fun off at your prom if you do it. There will be plenty of chances to wear your uniform during your stay with the Guard. In the mean time..be a highschool student. Wearing your uniform around highschool kids doesn't make you cool, it makes you that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
      Not as bad as you will get made fun off at your prom if you do it. There will be plenty of chances to wear your uniform during your stay with the Guard. In the mean time..be a highschool student. Wearing your uniform around highschool kids doesn't make you cool, it makes you that guy.
      Okay, my recruiter told me that most split option soldiers did that, but i wanted to check with other Soldiers first to see what they thought of it. Thank you.

Comment

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

If you do it, you'll regret it later on down your life. Especially when you're in civies and see someone do it.

Comment

I joined the Army Reserves at 17 as a split-op and junior in high school. I never wore anything military-related during my senior prom and graduation. I did at times wear my BDU cap in civvies while hanging in the hood. Lol

Comment

BDU was and is a style (not a popular one)

Soon, wearing your Class As, because they're so "old skool", will be appropriate at prom.

Comment

Working...
            X