X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment: Felt Misled by Recruiter ... need clarifications

This question applies with me planning for one weekend a month starting as an E4:

I am eligible to be E4 because I have a B.A. and am nearly complete in enlisting, but I haven't been sworn in yet. I would like to ask more questions from my recruiter, but don't know if I can trust him (actually my first recruiter was replaced). It's taken me awhile to go through this process, lots of time applying and paperwork.

1. Payment: In a document from my recruiter, it said I would receive 1,979.85 monthly. After looking online, this is definitely not the case if I were doing drills only. So does this mean for 2013 I earn 263.97 starting at that rate per month, or 263.97x4 per month?

2. According to my recruiter, I was under the assumption that under E4, without any dependents I was eligible for BAH if I get a lease to an apartment. Will I get up to this amount, or this amount no matter what? Or am I even eligible since I plan to do the drill one weekend a month?

Please help me out ... I need this settled before I decide to swear in. If 2 is false, I couldn't even consider joining.

Re: Payment: Felt Misled by Recruiter ... need clarifications

Originally posted by JuliusCaesar108 View Post
    This question applies with me planning for one weekend a month starting as an E4:

I am eligible to be E4 because I have a B.A. and am nearly complete in enlisting, but I haven't been sworn in yet. I would like to ask more questions from my recruiter, but don't know if I can trust him (actually my first recruiter was replaced). It's taken me awhile to go through this process, lots of time applying and paperwork.

1. Payment: In a document from my recruiter, it said I would receive 1,979.85 monthly. After looking online, this is definitely not the case if I were doing drills only. So does this mean for 2013 I earn 263.97 starting at that rate per month, or 263.97x4 per month?

2. According to my recruiter, I was under the assumption that under E4, without any dependents I was eligible for BAH if I get a lease to an apartment. Will I get up to this amount, or this amount no matter what? Or am I even eligible since I plan to do the drill one weekend a month?

Please help me out ... I need this settled before I decide to swear in. If 2 is false, I couldn't even consider joining.
    1) That monthly is only if you are active. So say you are in BCT, you are considered active for the time you are there, you will get the full amount http://www.nationalguard.com/benefits (click on pay calculator under the "see what you will earn" selection) you will get a different amount as GROSS pay not NET (taxes get taken out) for your drill weekends.

2) I am not sure about the BAH, someone else may be able to help you. Also google may be able to answer you, in the Army it is all by the regulations.

Comment

I have to ask....where would you think you would be making that kind of money doing 1 weekend a month? There's no way a recruiter gave you a document stating active pay for just a monthly drill. It had to say active duty or basic training/ait on there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliusCaesar108 View Post

If 2 is false, I couldn't even consider joining.
        2 is false. See you later.

Comment

Actually Sir, that is not false. Soldiers with leases like that should be eligible for BAH at the Without-dependents rate. This rate is for single people who have no dependents. That soldier would just have to have their lease documentation to prove it when they enlist and/or are at Reception.

You'll only get the full BAH while you are on Initial Active Duty for Training (IADT), i.e. BCT and AIT. You'll also get a slightly reduced BAH when you go to Annual Training (AT) periods. You will NOT get BAH during your normal monthly drill periods.
          Last edited by eqmcclure; June 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
            Actually Sir, that is not false. Soldiers with leases like that should be eligible for BAH at the Without-dependents rate. This rate is for single people who have no dependents. That soldier would just have to have their lease documentation to prove it when they enlist and/or are at Reception.

You'll only get the full BAH while you are on Initial Active Duty for Training (IADT), i.e. BCT and AIT. You'll also get a slightly reduced BAH when you go to Annual Training (AT) periods. You will NOT get BAH during your normal monthly drill periods.
            Since he asked if he'll be eligible for it if he drills one weekend a month, I think what the OP was asking is wether or not he's going to get the full E4 BAH just drilling.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
              Since he asked if he'll be eligible for it if he drills one weekend a month, I think what the OP was asking is wether or not he's going to get the full E4 BAH just drilling.
              Check. The OP wants full-time pay and BAH for working 2 days a week. Nobody needs him in their unit.

Comment

OP, the pay charts are public record. You can find the pay charts here.

http://www.navycs.com/charts/2014-mi...pay-chart.html <--When on active duty

http://www.navycs.com/charts/2014-mi...uard-paycharts <--And the pay you receive when you are on part-time status. Wow $834 a month for a CW3 with 24 years of service. That is more than my cousin makes working at Walmart after 40 hours. ;0)
                Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Look up the drilling weekend pay for an E-4 w/ no time in service. Its like ~250 or so.

BAH at Basic Training is paid A) if you have a lease and B) based on your home ZIP code. Once you leave Basic and AIT, no more BAH*

*That is a general statement. There are instances where you would, but they won't apply to you... probably ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X