X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the Guard After Living Abroad

Hey all. New to the forums here but have been lurking for a week or so. I'm hoping to get some advice and some answers. I am currently 26 years old and looking to move back to New Jersey after living in Israel the last 6 year. I'm a dual US/Israeli citizen who has served in the Israeli Army. Will I have to give up my Israeli citizenship to serve?
    About 7-8 years ago I went through processing to join the navy but backed out before I took my oath due to personal issues. Will this DQ me from joining the Guard? Also I remember at MEPS while they were interviewing me I told them I had smoked weed in my life, will this affect me in anyway now? Lastly, I've had a 1 speeding ticket and one vehicle accident when I was around 18-19 years old, I don't even remember. All I remember is that I never had any points on my license and just had to pay a fine and court fees, will I have to somehow provide records? I dont even remember where in New Jersey this happened. Any information would greatly appreciated.

Re: Joining the Guard After Living Abroad

Does someone have any information at all that might help me? Considering I am not in the US yet it is kind of impossible for me to go and talk to a recruiter.

Comment

Working...
    X