X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible DQ For Washington National Guard

Hi, I'm starting the enlistment process for the National Guard and met with my recruiter today. He asked me to sign a form authorizing a police background check on me. Here is my real question. I got arrested back in 2009 for felony harassment, however the charges were dropped after I stayed out of trouble for 6 months, no probation or anything. The charge was reduced down to threat to bomb. To my knowledge, the record was expunged and sealed. In the police background check, will anything show up regarding arrests or the police being called to my house? Thanks.

Re: Possible DQ For Washington National Guard

I want to join the National Guard and this part is worrying me. I'd appreciate a quick response from someone.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysebee View Post
      Hi, I'm starting the enlistment process for the National Guard and met with my recruiter today. He asked me to sign a form authorizing a police background check on me. Here is my real question. I got arrested back in 2009 for felony harassment, however the charges were dropped after I stayed out of trouble for 6 months, no probation or anything. The charge was reduced down to threat to bomb. To my knowledge, the record was expunged and sealed. In the police background check, will anything show up regarding arrests or the police being called to my house? Thanks.
      Originally posted by johnnysebee View Post
      I want to join the National Guard and this part is worrying me. I'd appreciate a quick response from someone.
      Did you even let your recruiter know about the arrest/charge?

Comment

No I haven't yet.

Comment

Yea, you're pretty much done. Felony anything is going to show up*

(*Yes, this is a generalization. There are instances where this is not true, but the arrest is going to pop up at least)

Comment

Working...
          X