X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlistment Process

I was wondering how long does it usually take to get someone enlisted?

I'm asking this becasue the current recruiter that I have (I've been through 3) told me that starting in July that he only gets to process (meps) one recruit per day and becasue of recruiters not answering their phone I opted to do another enlistment datasheet.

I would like to know if there is any truth in what he is saying about the one recruit per day as far as going through meps. (I am in Florida)

Re: Enlistment Process

Assuming an applicant does not have any moral, educational or physical issues it can be shorter than a couple weeks. In other more complicated situations it can be months to years. A local MEPS may have a prohibition on the number of applicants that can be on the floor in a given day, although it is not typical. MEPS runs the show when it comes to processing.

Comment

Due to sequestration, begining in July, MEPS are now limiting the amount of applicants each service can process. Some MEPS are limited to as little as one per day, obviously causing major issues.

Concerning how long it takes to enlist, if you have everything in order, no waivers or medical documents are needed, as little as 4-5 days. If you're on your third Recruiter, I'm assuming there are issues with your packet so that could delay the process as Mongoose said, from Months to Years.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkcity13 View Post
        I was wondering how long does it usually take to get someone enlisted?

I'm asking this becasue the current recruiter that I have (I've been through 3) told me that starting in July that he only gets to process (meps) one recruit per day and becasue of recruiters not answering their phone I opted to do another enlistment datasheet.

I would like to know if there is any truth in what he is saying about the one recruit per day as far as going through meps. (I am in Florida)
        My enlistment process took a Week and a Half since I took the ASVAB on a sperate date than my physical.

A. Day one - Take ASVAB and TAPAS (ECLT was no online)
        B. Day two (next week) - Took Physical,ECLT,contract signing, and Enlistment Oath ceremony (From 4am to 3PM) long day

Comment

I've been through 3 recruiters not becasue of my packet. 1 went to become a drill sgt the other 2 never answered the phone then when I went too see them I was informed that they only handle 4 recruits for the year.

I'm taking my asvab tomorrow then hopefully the physical next week (once I get over this cold).

I appreciate all the help I've gotten from you guys/gals on this site.

Comment

Working...
          X