Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I ship for basic in 2 weeks and have no desire to go WHat can i do? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ship for basic in 2 weeks and have no desire to go WHat can i do?

I have no desire of going to basic training nor do i have a desire to go to drill this weekend.
    military life isnt for me and i have to much going on in my life to take off.
    recently graduated from college and have a great job oppertunity offered to me, i am not physically or mentally capable of doing this any longer.
    what will happen if i dont show up for drill this weekend? what would happen if i dont report to ship for basic in two weeks?
    please help me out.,

Re: I ship for basic in 2 weeks and have no desire to go WHat can i do?

Another troll thread. In for the lulz and before the lock.

Comment

They always get me.

Comment

I'm being serious, i have no intension on shipping to basic what can i do about this?
        nor do i have any intesion of going to RSP this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shane31290 View Post
          I'm being serious, i have no intension on shipping to basic what can i do about this?

I figured as a recent college graduate, you learned about maturity, responsibility and obligation to one's self. You signed a contract and you do not want to uphold your end. You will receive a negative discharge that will cause warranted prejudice in your life.

You will post on this forum five to ten years from now stating how much you made a mistake for not serving.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
            You will post on this forum five to ten years from now stating how much you made a mistake for not serving.
            And I'll still have to approve his posts...........lol

Comment

it hasn't been an easy decision but I finally decided that i didn't want to stay in the military, If when the time comes i chose not to ship out what can I expect to happen? are there any severe punishments?

Comment

I have no desire of going to basic training nor do i have a desire to go to drill this weekend.
                military life isnt for me and i have to much going on in my life to take off.
                recently graduated from college and have a great job oppertunity offered to me, i am not physically or mentally capable of doing this any longer.
                what will happen if i dont show up for drill this weekend? what would happen if i dont report to ship for basic in two weeks?
                please help me out.,
                it hasn't been an easy decision but I finally decided that i didn't want to stay in the military, If when the time comes i chose not to ship out what can I expect to happen? are there any severe punishments?
                The job opportunity CLEARLY doesn't involve writing....

Also, I cannot imagine what college would allow you even pass English Composition, let alone graduate, with the represented skill level we see here.

Good luck to you.

Comment

OP, I would suggest talking to your RSP cadre about this. They're going to find out either way obviously, and it will be less painful for both of you if you tell them sooner rather than later.

Also, it's natural to have second thoughts about a big decision like joining the military. Everyone does. What specifically has changed in your mind between when you enlisted and now?

Comment

the fact that i have been offered a great paying job and the fact that my father passed away a little over a year ago and i just received all the papers for his estate that i need to go over with lawyers and get settled out. I cant risk losing my fathers house because im away, and i dont want to give up the job offer either.

Comment

What happens if you refuse to ship for basic training/AIT?

I am just curious about what would happen? Are you discharged, are there any severe punishments?

Comment

Re: What happens if you refuse to ship for basic training/AIT?

I'm sure other's will comment on your actual question but I DO know the moderators do not like duplicated posts and they may be merged.

Also, youreceived some answers in your previous thread.

Speak to your RSP cadre.

Comment

Re: What happens if you refuse to ship for basic training/AIT?

I am just curious about what would happen? Are you discharged, are there any severe punishments?
                          You will be discharged. You will not receive any punishment.

But, your discharge will be negative. It will be a Uncharacterized discharge, due to Delayed Entry Program (DEP). So, if you decide sometime in the future that you made a mistake and want to try and enlist in the military again. You will find it a difficult process.

Comment

You can also try to request a change in ship date. Although there is a maximum amount of time allowed between enlistment and ship date. I think it is around 24 months? I am always curious what causes a change of heart for something like this. Because it's not just the job and estate obviously.

Also, you avoiding RSP this weekend will not look good. I didn't see anywhere you mentioned having to start your new job or deal with your father's estate this weekend.
                            Last edited by SteveLord; June 20th, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                              And I'll still have to approve his posts...........lol
                              Job security brother lol

Comment

Working...
                              X