Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice for ANG/OCS/College; would my ideology work out? pros&cons? Any help appreciated

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for ANG/OCS/College; would my ideology work out? pros&cons? Any help appreciated

Hi, I'm currently a 21 y/o civilian in California and I want to use the National Guard to help me through college to earn a Master's degree in Biochemistry. Meanwhile, simultaneously working through a program to help me commission into an officer. Thus, in completion of my 8 year contract with the National Guard, I wish join the U.S Army as an active duty officer in the 71st Bravo division as a Biochemist.

Is this possible, or am I just dumb to think this is an actual plausible idea? I would of enrolled in college years ago and earned my Master's, but I come from a poor family. In other words, I've been kept busy working in order to help my parents pay bills. Can I do this? If not, are there any other roads to look into or should I just inscribe this whole idea as a delusional one? I know commissioning into an officer won't be easy, but if it's possible and for my personal motives, I bet I can get it done. Also, I've heard that I can simply just focus on earning my degree while serving the National Guard, without working through a commissioning program. Then, I can just join the Army active duty as an officer due my Master's degree, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Any advice from an experienced military Biochemist or any individual already walking this similar path I've just described, would be highly appreciated. Otherwise, if you know not a single thing about 71B, please don't corrupt my motives with false information. On the other hand, I would also appreciate information about the National Guard relating to the OCS(or any other program) process while trying to earn some degree in college. It's shameful to say that I'm more than desperate about this, and I'm taking every bit of information into consideration. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need advice for ANG/OCS/College; would my ideology work out? pros&cons? Any help appreciated

Originally posted by UliPo View Post
    Hi, I'm currently a 21 y/o civilian in California and I want to use the National Guard to help me through college to earn a Master's degree in Biochemistry. Meanwhile, simultaneously working through a program to help me commission into an officer. Thus, in completion of my 8 year contract with the National Guard, I wish join the U.S Army as an active duty officer in the 71st Bravo division as a Biochemist.

Is this possible, or am I just dumb to think this is an actual plausible idea? I would of enrolled in college years ago and earned my Master's, but I come from a poor family. In other words, I've been kept busy working in order to help my parents pay bills. Can I do this? If not, are there any other roads to look into or should I just inscribe this whole idea as a delusional one? I know commissioning into an officer won't be easy, but if it's possible and for my personal motives, I bet I can get it done. Also, I've heard that I can simply just focus on earning my degree while serving the National Guard, without working through a commissioning program. Then, I can just join the Army active duty as an officer due my Master's degree, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Any advice from an experienced military Biochemist or any individual already walking this similar path I've just described, would be highly appreciated. Otherwise, if you know not a single thing about 71B, please don't corrupt my motives with false information. On the other hand, I would also appreciate information about the National Guard relating to the OCS(or any other program) process while trying to earn some degree in college. It's shameful to say that I'm more than desperate about this, and I'm taking every bit of information into consideration. Thanks in advance.
    I met an Army biochemist once, he was an Officer and had a PHD.

That is all.

Comment

Re: Need advice for ANG/OCS/College; would my ideology work out? pros&cons? Any help appreciated

Here is the link so you can contact a recruiter. Anything is possible in life.

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jo...siologist.html

Comment

Working...
      X