Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio Guard Suitability Review

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ohio Guard Suitability Review

    So, I'm waiting for the results of my suitability review and I'm getting worried, it's been about three weeks. Is this common for a review to take this long?

  • #2
    Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

    Originally posted by ranceely@yahoo.com View Post
    So, I'm waiting for the results of my suitability review and I'm getting worried, it's been about three weeks. Is this common for a review to take this long?
    Nothing in the Army is fast....nothing. Might be three months. The longer it takes, the longer the answer isn't "no".

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

      No.

      Suitability reviews have a very quick turnaround. Typically within days. Something's not right.

      How about a little background on what the Suitability Review was submitted for.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

        Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
        No.

        Suitability reviews have a very quick turnaround. Typically within days. Something's not right.

        How about a little background on what the Suitability Review was submitted for.
        Disagree. Not every state/territory are the same. I never known one in my neighborhood to take less than two weeks.

        To each their own, but I also would like to hear a little bit more.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

          Suitability Reviews are only to determine if a waiver is needed. We've had them returned same day as long as you have all the required doc's which is far less than a normal waiver.

          If we're speaking about moral waivers, than I agree, those can & do take up to 3-4 weeks at times.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

            Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
            Suitability Reviews are only to determine if a waiver is needed. We've had them returned same day as long as you have all the required doc's which is far less than a normal waiver.

            If we're speaking about moral waivers, than I agree, those can & do take up to 3-4 weeks at times.
            I guess what I am saying, is I see this situation as a suitability review that said yes a waiver is needed...and they moved on. Is the potential soldier always notified at that stage?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

              It's a moral character review. A few years ago I was in and out of trouble. I was charged with an assult but was dropped to a disorderly conduct and I got three traffic citations around the same time. OVI, which was dismissed and thrown out completly, recless opp, and a failure to control. This was all from '09 to Jan of '11. I went and got police records, court records, etc. I also provided a brief statment explaining the charges. My friends and coworkers all wrote me referance letters, I must have had seven or eight letters. I sent in my college degree and transcripts, and the manager, at the bank I work for wrote me a recommendation letter. I tried to provide enough information to show I have changed and possess good morals, etc. I hope it's enough... To top it off my recruiter is out of town until next week. Next Thursday I pray for good news..

              Thanks for everyones imput

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

                Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                I guess what I am saying, is I see this situation as a suitability review that said yes a waiver is needed...and they moved on. Is the potential soldier always notified at that stage?
                I would assume the applicant would be informed. A moral waiver requires much more documentation than a suitability review, reference letters, SF86, DD1966, NGB 22-3 Request for Waiver signed by Unit Commander along with all court doc's.

                The turn around on a moral waiver can take quite a bit longer and if the Recruiter is "out of town" he may or may not have an approved waiver sitting in his email inbox.

                Most responsible Recruiters still work while on leave "out of town".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

                  Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                  I would assume the applicant would be informed. A moral waiver requires much more documentation than a suitability review, reference letters, SF86, DD1966, NGB 22-3 Request for Waiver signed by Unit Commander along with all court doc's.

                  The turn around on a moral waiver can take quite a bit longer and if the Recruiter is "out of town" he may or may not have an approved waiver sitting in his email inbox.

                  Most responsible Recruiters still work while on leave "out of town".
                  But, isn't it possuble after they say yes he needs a waiver the recruiter said F it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

                    I don't know but I still have not heard anything. My recruiter said he thinks maybe next week

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ohio Guard Suitability Review

                      I would contact the Recruiter again and if you don't get a good answer, ask for his NCOIC's contact info. If you don't get it, contact another local Recruiter and get the NCOIC's number. Contact the NCOIC and ask him/her what the status is. If you don't get the answers you're looking for, as much as I hate to say it, go see the Army Reserve Recruiter and ensure you let your current Recruiter know that you are doing this.

                      Best of luck, keep us updated.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X