X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Guard question

How you NG guys doing?! I'm planning to join the Air National Guard later this year(yeah I wanted to join you guys but I'm 37 & still too old for now but still not too old for ANG). I'm interested in doing some grunt work like security forces but I was wondering since to my understanding that I may need a secret or some low level security clearance, if by any chance my clearance was to be denied by any chance & I'm not able to ship to BMT, get the MOS or whatever, would it then be possible if I can transfer to the Army National Guard side since I'm more interested in 11B or perhaps maybe 19D?

If anything, I'll go to the recruiter later this summer to get the process started since I'm working out really hard right now to lose some weight to prep up but I'll cross my fingers & hope for the best & get the SC for the ANG SF but if that fails, I hope I can transfer to the ARNG & take up 11B or 19D.

Re: Air Guard question

You are too old for the Army National Guard and I think they only way a transfer is possible; is if you were in the Air Guard for some time and approved to make the transfer between both components.

Comment

Thanks Chief. I understand the age limit still stands at 35 unless the brass, congress or President Obama decides on calling for giving us upper 30s people another chance by raising the limit to at least 40 for the NG & reserves. lol

Anyway, truth is, I may have to worry about whether or not I may get a security clearance since I received 2 summonses for the same NYC Transit infraction of walking between subway cars back in late 2011. I paid the 2 $75 fines with little problem but I'm hoping it won't affect my chances for getting a clearance to go SF in the ANG unless I start using my credit cards to pay my cell phone bills & get put into a small unnecessary debt. I would hope not though.

Comment

Has nothing to do with POTUS or Congress now. Congress has increased the maximum allowable age. It is up to the services to set the age limits. They have now decreased them to the drawdown.

Comment

I know Chief! Been following up on current events for a while. I could always wait until Oct 1, the start of FY '14 I believe, to see if there will be an age limit raise to 39 at least but I'll just focus on trying to get to at least 200 even pounds from being 230 a while back in hopes I can pass the BF % tape for the ANG. Btw I kind of was joking a bit about congress & Obama. I know the regs are set by higher up in the brass & all.

Also I'll just have to hope I can get a SC despite the 2 fines I had to pay 2 years back while trying to avoid getting into a possible credit card debt since I may have to use it to keep up on my cell phone payments.

Comment

Working...
          X