X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

I have thought about enlisting to the national guard after I finish college in a year. I was looking to do 3 years with the guard and 5 on IRR. I also want to do military police as my AIT.

1. How long is BCT and AIT military police training?
    2. Since I plan on doing military police is there a specific base that I would do all my training at?
    3. I have always been pretty active, but are there workouts available online that would be prepare me for all my training?
    4. I heard mixed answers to this, but should I bring my cell phone to bct?
    5. Do i have to take the ASVAB if I am a college graduate?
    6. Would the guard assist is paying for my masters degree?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A few questions

1. BCT & AIT are OSUT for MP, a total of 20 weeks, all at Ft Leonard Wood, MO

3. Running, 30-60's are good. Obviously work on your push ups & sit ups

4. You can bring your cell phone and may get to use it during reception and a few times on Sundays.

5. Yes, everyone takes the ASVAB. I've run into plenty of college grads that didn't break a 30.

6. Yes. If you enlist for six years you'll receive the Montgomery GI Bill, worth around $350 per month while enrolled full time along with your State's Tuition Assistance or you can use Federal Tuition Assistance.

Best of luck!

Comment

Re: A few questions

1. BCT & AIT are OSUT for MP, a total of 20 weeks, all at Ft Leonard Wood, MO

3. Running, 30-60's are good. Obviously work on your push ups & sit ups

4. You can bring your cell phone and may get to use it during reception and a few times on Sundays.

5. Yes, everyone takes the ASVAB. I've run into plenty of college grads that didn't break a 30.

6. Yes. If you enlist for six years you'll receive the Montgomery GI Bill, worth around $350 per month while enrolled full time along with your State's Tuition Assistance or you can use Federal Tuition Assistance.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
      X