Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Question about joining? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about joining?

    Hi folks I haven't posted on here in a few weeks but I figure this is the best place to ask this. I just graduated college ( BS in Accounting ) and want to go and speak to a recruiter and figure that if this is going to happen that now is the time to do it.

    Here are the details:

    I have an entry level separation that I got out of basic training back in March of 2009, Re-code of 3, separation code JGA ( Entry Level Performance and Conduct ) and the reason was for failure to adapt.

    I don't blame anyone else for what happened other than myself. I've had the last few years to really think about what happened and I personally think I've made good use of my time from than till now.

    I earned my AS in Business Administration, as stated above my BS in Accounting, and in a week I'll be done with a certification program for bookkeeping that I took that I'd figure would look good on a resume and just good overall. I've worked over the last four years haven't had a problem and I got 4 people to write me letters of reference and fill out a reference form that goes along with it.

    Now first off what are my chances of getting a wavier approved?

    What kind of a wavier will it be for?

    Just how long should I expect to wait to get an answer back to find out if it is approved or not?

    Just what MOS's would be available?

    What I mean by that last question is am I limited to just one thing or would I be allowed to pick from whatever is available?

    Side note the MOS I picked the last time was for Financial Management Technician. I don't remember what the code for it was but I believe it is now called a 36B which is what actually inspired me to change my major in college to Accounting. Any chance I could get that one again this time provided that it is available?

    I'm going to try this week or next week to go and speak to a recruiter and I'm going to go the National Guard Armory that's located in Whitestone Queens that's in NY. That's where the unit I was originally going to be assigned to is and while beggars can't be choosers it is my hope that I could get back into that one or one of the ones that are there.

    Anyway thanks for your time and help in answering this.
    Last edited by o13starsnstripes; May 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Question about joining?

    Failure to adapt........what did you do? Please no smoke......I am already full of it thru my 4th point of contact.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about joining?

      Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
      Failure to adapt........what did you do? Please no smoke......I am already full of it thru my 4th point of contact.
      I acted very immaturely and started not caring about being there. I didn't give 100% and it showed big time. They just let me go because I was nothing but a waste of the government's time and money that was being spent on me.

      For what it is worth I wasn't a trouble maker though. I didn't break any laws, I didn't get an article 15, I went in as an E-3 and left as an E-3 so I obviously didn't do anything to be demoted in rank.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about joining?

        What I'm going to do if the National Guard falls through I will try the Army Reserves because they are the only part of the Military that didn't meet it's goal which I'm still surprised about.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about joining?

          Anyhow anyone who could give any insight into this please feel free to do so.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about joining?

            Originally posted by Mike2K
            What the 1SG was trying to say is that we don't want you back. We don't like quitters, losers, in our Army because you put people and the mission at risk.
            You know what you are 100% correct! What was I thinking I should just leave all the hardwork and the actual fighting to you personally. I'll just sit back on the couch at home drink beer and eat oreos after I come home from my 9 to 5 job Monday to Friday while I go live happily ever after!
            Last edited by SF Hunter; May 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about joining?

              Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
              Hi folks I haven't posted on here in a few weeks but I figure this is the best place to ask this. I just graduated college ( BS in Accounting ) and want to go and speak to a recruiter and figure that if this is going to happen that now is the time to do it.

              Here are the details:

              I have an entry level separation that I got out of basic training back in March of 2009, Re-code of 3, separation code JGA ( Entry Level Performance and Conduct ) and the reason was for failure to adapt.

              I don't blame anyone else for what happened other than myself. I've had the last few years to really think about what happened and I personally think I've made good use of my time from than till now.

              I earned my AS in Business Administration, as stated above my BS in Accounting, and in a week I'll be done with a certification program for bookkeeping that I took that I'd figure would look good on a resume and just good overall. I've worked over the last four years haven't had a problem and I got 4 people to write me letters of reference and fill out a reference form that goes along with it.

              Now first off what are my chances of getting a wavier approved?

              What kind of a wavier will it be for?

              Just how long should I expect to wait to get an answer back to find out if it is approved or not?

              Just what MOS's would be available?

              What I mean by that last question is am I limited to just one thing or would I be allowed to pick from whatever is available?

              Side note the MOS I picked the last time was for Financial Management Technician. I don't remember what the code for it was but I believe it is now called a 36B which is what actually inspired me to change my major in college to Accounting. Any chance I could get that one again this time provided that it is available?

              I'm going to try this week or next week to go and speak to a recruiter and I'm going to go the National Guard Armory that's located in Whitestone Queens that's in NY. That's where the unit I was originally going to be assigned to is and while beggars can't be choosers it is my hope that I could get back into that one or one of the ones that are there.

              Anyway thanks for your time and help in answering this.
              Nobody can predict if your waiver will be approved and that if it will be a TAG level waiver for the state of New York. You have a senior NCO that can provide outstanding insight but you will need to bring your documents to a recruiter.

              I use to take a course at Fort Totten when I was with the CTARNG. Very nice place and the six months that I went there in lieu of drill was awesome. I am from the Bronx and use to go to Whitestone movie theater (on both the Bronx and Queens side) back in the day.

              Good luck. I knew you wanted back in since you were such an avid poster here on the forums.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question about joining?

                Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                I knew you wanted back in since you were such an avid poster here on the forums.
                Unfortunately there is more to being a Soldier than being an avid National Guard Forums poster.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about joining?

                  Originally posted by Mike2K View Post
                  Unfortunately there is more to being a Soldier than being an avid National Guard Forums poster.
                  Agreed and a good example of that would be professionalism. Maybe think about that one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about joining?

                    Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                    They just let me go because I was nothing but a waste of the government's time and money that was being spent on me.
                    .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about joining?

                      lol. First time I seen a post that has nothing but another's person's post using their words against them. That was funny and the obvious candor of a Chief. In real life, I have some seem some real raw Chiefs. I am not raw.

                      o13, just like Chaplain4me and others; you can be afforded a second chance by the military based on changes in your life, maturity and recruiting policy and timing. If you do get that second chance; then I wish you the best.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about joining?

                        Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                        Agreed and a good example of that would be professionalism. Maybe think about that one.
                        If you're trying to prove that you won't fail to adapt the second go-around, maybe don't talk like that to Warrant Officers? Or at least finish the sentence with "Chief."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Question about joining?

                          And with that.... Everyone is an adult. Keep it civil or keep it to yourself.
                          Last edited by TxIntel 1978; May 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X