Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Dilemma Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dilemma

    I've searched all over this thread and the internet for some type of clarification on this.

    Here's my dilemma: My original recruiter went to DS boot camp. Now, I'm being given the run around and even his boss doesn't know what to do. I was told yesterday who my new recruiter is (no number was given) and that he "supposedly" will contact me. I've decided to give them a week to call because I know it's a huge change to deal with. I just think that they should have done a better job in finding a recruiter for all his recruits.

    My real problem is that I really want to join and don't mind waiting but I feel if I have to wait too long I will lose interest.
    I just want to know what my next move should be if any...
    Last edited by dunkcity13; May 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Dilemma

    If you wait a while and feel you are still getting the run-around, go find a totally different recruiting station and new recruiter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Dilemma

      Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
      If you wait a while and feel you are still getting the run-around, go find a totally different recruiting station and new recruiter.
      +1, inevitably it is your choice & life decision so don't let others influence it without your consent. Just like anything in life, if you want it you'll have to make it happen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Dilemma

        I've decided to give them a week before I decide to do anything.

        I just wasn't sure exactly if that was the right decision.

        Thank you all for the advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Dilemma

          I personally wouldn't wait. Especially if you are interested in a certain job that may have a bonus or what not. In those situations time is of the essence. There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling your recruiter immediately, even stopping by if you know where his office is, if nothing more than just to keep your name and face on his mind

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Dilemma

            Originally posted by NOtReaLLyNuse View Post
            I personally wouldn't wait. Especially if you are interested in a certain job that may have a bonus or what not. In those situations time is of the essence. There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling your recruiter immediately, even stopping by if you know where his office is, if nothing more than just to keep your name and face on his mind
            Take some initiative & stop by to intro yourself to the new recruiter. Worse case is you meet someone you feel comfortable with and you work with them instead of who you were reassigned to.

            Honestly, as stated above if there is a MOS you qualify for that has a bonus you would want to reserve it ASAP!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Dilemma

              Smells fishy to me........are you fully qualified.....or do you have issues?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Dilemma

                Originally posted by bai78 View Post
                Take some initiative & stop by to intro yourself to the new recruiter. Worse case is you meet someone you feel comfortable with and you work with them instead of who you were reassigned to.

                Honestly, as stated above if there is a MOS you qualify for that has a bonus you would want to reserve it ASAP!
                I wasn't given a phone number just a name (that I can't spell) nor anything else about this recruiter. When I did ask they stated that he will call me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Dilemma

                  Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                  Smells fishy to me........are you fully qualified.....or do you have issues?

                  I'm a fully healthy 23 year old recent college graduate who wants to do more with her life instead of being like most college graduates. I have no issues whatsoever.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Dilemma

                    Originally posted by dunkcity13 View Post
                    I'm a fully healthy 23 year old recent college graduate who wants to do more with her life instead of being like most college graduates. I have no issues whatsoever.
                    I have never meet a Recruiter that would pass on a slam dunk enlistment. If so, contact another Recruiter!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Dilemma

                      Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                      I have never meet a Recruiter that would pass on a slam dunk enlistment. If so, contact another Recruiter!!
                      As hard as it may be to believe, just as with any profession, there are lazy and ineffective people. If you want to join bad enough, find yourself a Recruiter that shares that passion and you should be enlisted next week.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Dilemma

                        Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                        As hard as it may be to believe, just as with any profession, there are lazy and ineffective people. If you want to join bad enough, find yourself a Recruiter that shares that passion and you should be enlisted next week.
                        That's what I plan to do next week as they have been dragging their feet and I'm trying (planning) to go to OCS.

                        Can I get my original packet back to give to another recruiter?
                        Last edited by dunkcity13; May 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Dilemma

                          To answer your question, yes, you can get get your packet back to give to another Recruiter.

                          A few things don't quite add up though. You say that your previous Recruiter left and "even his boss doesn't know what to do." The "boss" (NCOIC) should be able to fix this easily and transfer everything to another, able Recruiter. If you are truly qualified with no issues it makes no sense that the NCOIC wouldn't push your packet to another Recruiter and slam you in next week.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Dilemma

                            Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                            To answer your question, yes, you can get get your packet back to give to another Recruiter.

                            A few things don't quite add up though. You say that your previous Recruiter left and "even his boss doesn't know what to do." The "boss" (NCOIC) should be able to fix this easily and transfer everything to another, able Recruiter. If you are truly qualified with no issues it makes no sense that the NCOIC wouldn't push your packet to another Recruiter and slam you in next week.
                            That's what my cousin said and she's a SGT in the army. I called yesterday and he said he's more worried about getting people through who are split-op first. Which I told him he should have told me first because I just want to hurry and enlist. I can wait to go to basic that's not a serious issue.

                            Then again I don't think he realized how serious I was.
                            Last edited by dunkcity13; May 25th, 2013, 02:36 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Dilemma

                              Originally posted by dunkcity13 View Post
                              I called yesterday and he said he's more worried about getting people through who are split-op first.
                              This still doesn't add up. The Split Option for this summer has been closed for a little over a week now. Call him Tue morning and tell him you're joining the Army Reserves and you'll be stopping in to pick up your packet asap. If that doesn't get him off his behind to enlist you, then you REALLY need to find a new Recruiter.

                              What State do you live in?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X