X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do units ever get loaned?

For instance, could my Governor in Alabama loan my Engineering unit to Oklahoma for disaster recovery. And before you say it, I know OK has their own NG. Thanks.

Re: Do units ever get loaned?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I know during the DNC held here in NC, NG units from FL doing their AT did security work.

Comment

The answer is yes - a state can request assistance from other states. South Carolina sent Engineers to New England (Rhode Island?) to help out after a flood (I think) in response to a request from that state for additional assets.

Comment

Use the terms - attached/detached. Or better yet - OPCON

http://www.army.mil/article/38414/

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post

Yeah Chief....that article is a little above my pay grade. But Im tracking what you're saying. Thanks for the info guys. I'm hoping we get called up to help, but I'm sure it wont happen.

Comment

Katrina, Presidential inaugurations, etc.

It happens a lot during times when the affected state is short on troops, vehicles etc because they're deployed. Sometimes the need is larger and everyone goes and sometimes it can even be a small group, where they will (no joke) ask for volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by SpcSlimDizzle View Post
              Yeah Chief....that article is a little above my pay grade. But Im tracking what you're saying. Thanks for the info guys. I'm hoping we get called up to help, but I'm sure it wont happen.
              No, it is not. Learning about doctrine and how the Army functions overall is knowledge that is open to everyone who serves.

Comment

Originally posted by SpcSlimDizzle View Post
                No, it is not. Learning about doctrine and how the Army functions overall is knowledge that is available to all that serve.

Comment

No, it is not. Learning about doctrine and how the Army functions overall is knowledge that is available to all that serve.
                  That was a joke Chief. lol.

Comment

Not applicable to state active duty Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                      Not applicable to state active duty Chief.
                      SSG, I never said different. I just was providing a link to the OP so he can get an understanding of what he was trying to explain. Guard units have been OPCON to missions to Kosovo and overall, I was refering to tactical missions.

Guard members have served in other states in regards to emergency and missions.

Comment

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/natio...escue-1.221797

80 members deployed.

Comment

SSG, I never said different. I just was providing a link to the OP so he can get an understanding of what he was trying to explain. Guard units have been OPCON to missions to Kosovo and overall, I was refering to tactical missions.

Guard members have served in other states in regards to emergency and missions.
                          You posted a link for him to use terminology that isn't applicable to being deployed out of state. It is no different than me telling him to call it supercalifragilisticexpialidocious; it makes as much sense as calling it opcon.

Comment

You are being too anal. The OP is an adult and has basic reading comprehensive to deduce and understand the differences to attach/detach/opcon. Like you wrote to the Captain, some posts/responses are not necessary and yours was clearly it.
                            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry on iPhone and posts not going through. I said CTARNG had missions to southern border and Utah Winter Olympics. Incognito gets on my nerves at times but I still love him lol

Comment

Working...
                              X