X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP PLANNING!?! 17 soon to be father/SGT. DESCRIPTIVE AND SUMMARIZED

]My Name's TJ. I'll be a Senior in HS this September. I'll be joining the NG this summer via Split Option and I have Lots of Concerns!! First and Foremost My Girlfriend is 1 month pregnant. I haven't told My Mother because she's negatively emphatic toward almost every decision I make, intended or accidental. She's pessimistic and hard to deal with. My girlfriends mother is just like mine however she's aware of the pregnancy. To make a long story short Me and My Girlfriend are gonna get married in December of this year I love her genuinely, Im here for her no matter what, and we're both gonna need a place to stay. I need some knowledge upon how I can get us settled. We're gonna need somewhere to stay before this baby is born. Does the Guard help with teen pregnancy? I won't be 18 until November. How Long Does it Take for one to Get a Housing Benefit?

Re: NEED HELP PLANNING!?! 17 soon to be father/SGT. DESCRIPTIVE AND SUMMARIZED

The National Guard is a part-time force, unless mobilized for an emergency for a period of time. It's a good supplement to some other full-time job, inasmuch as it is a second source of income, experience, training, educational benefits, and insurance, but you can't live on your monthly drill pay.

You need a great deal more guidance than we can give you on this forum. I strongly recommend that you both get some family counseling from a local charity that specializes in your sort of situation.

Comment

The NG isn't going to provide the kind of help/assistance you are looking for.

Take the LTC's advice or go look into going Active Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post

You need a great deal more guidance than we can give you on this forum. I strongly recommend that you both get some family counseling from a local charity that specializes in your sort of situation.
        What he said 100%.

Your mother and your girlfriend's mother are unsympathetic, and rightfully so, perhaps because of the decision the both of you have made. Love, particularly, puppy love, does not conquer all--plain and simple. Regardless of what the current trend is in America an overwhelming majority of parents would not be joyous of teenage children having babies out of wedlock with no plan of action, no education, no gainful employment--period. Before you think about doing any kind of enlisting in any branch of the Armed Forces you need to seek some guidance from a family counselor. Take the time to research online free counseling opportunities through a university system in your area.
        Last edited by VICEROY06; May 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X