X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this work?

Hi, i'm currently a freshman in high school and would like some information about the National Guard. I would very much appreciate it, I would also like to know if there is a base near Phoenix, AZ.

Thank you.

Re: How does this work?

If your a freshmen in high school, I strongly advise to join a JROTC program. This will you give you a higher rank when you initially enlist, and prepare you for the future, (I wish I knew about JROTC)

When you asked about the 'Base', are you referring to a recruiting center, or RSP (recruit sustainment program) or BCT/AIT? (Basic Combat Training/Advanced Individual Training)
    You're making the right decision of researching.

Comment

Find a local recruiter.

Comment

I'm in Phoenix AZ but I'm not a recruiter. There are a lot of bases around the valley, so it is nice becaues it gives you a lot of opportions for different jobs. If you have any specific questions you can ask, or you can search for a local recruiter who can sit with you and answer your questions face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmetalll View Post
          If your a freshmen in high school, I strongly advise to join a JROTC program. This will you give you a higher rank when you initially enlist, and prepare you for the future, (I wish I knew about JROTC)

When you asked about the 'Base', are you referring to a recruiting center, or RSP (recruit sustainment program) or BCT/AIT? (Basic Combat Training/Advanced Individual Training)
          You're making the right decision of researching.
          I'm talking about BCT/AIT

Comment

My school only has the Naval JROTC. Would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by watkins141 View Post
              My school only has the Naval JROTC. Would that work?
              Yes, leadership experience is leadership experience. I did Air Force JROTC when I was in High School, lots of good memories and definitely helped out a lot in terms of leadership development (although the lessons I learned were more along the lines of what not to do when in leadership). One thing that I've seen happen with a lot of young people like yourself that find themselves interested in joining the military and asking a lot of questions is an over-abundance of passion. Don't get tunnel-vision with the military and start obsessing over it. You've got some fun years ahead of you, don't be in a huge hurry to grow up and put on a uniform, because most of how it seems isn't how it is. Get in contact with a local Guard recruiter and see if he/she can allow you to attend an RSP drill as a 'guest', this might help you to see how things run in a way.

Comment

Working...
              X