X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Training Required??

Good afternoon. Long story short. I get out of the guard in Sep 2013. I've given up liking the guard a while ago and after being told Annual training would not be a requirement this year for me someone has turned around and told me it is and I just need to change the dates. I found a job with a staffing agency and though they did not say if your gone for two weeks the site that wants you wont be available................they basically worked around and said this site near your house that wants you to work needs you to work and be available and being gone for two weeks puts him at a loss. The temp agency said if they place someone at that site for two weeks and that person does not want to stay they will just have to find another job for me with the temp agency just not that site....

Is there anything I can do to either keep the job or just not do annual training this year??

Thanks.

Re: Annual Training Required??

Is Sep your actual ETS date or one that you chose?

I've seen 2 schools of thought on this but each unit is different. A) You don't have to go. You won't be getting a good year since you are leaving during the FY. But since you are not staying in anywho, that really doesn't matter. B) The unit forces you to go and will jack up your NGB22 if you don't...

Comment

Is Sep your actual ETS date or one that you chose?

I've seen 2 schools of thought on this but each unit is different. A) You don't have to go. You won't be getting a good year since you are leaving during the FY. But since you are not staying in anywho, that really doesn't matter. B) The unit forces you to go and will jack up your NGB22 if you don't...

Comment

What did your chain of command tell you when you raised this issue?

Given the fact that your ETS is soon after AT, your commander could excuse your participation, particularly if you have a job conflict. You may also offer an alternative period of time that you could complete AT, and perhaps support another unit, or do a special project.

Comment

Get the ball rolling now for sure while there is still plenty of time.

My AT ended a week before I separated. I wanted to go for the extra cash, last hooah with the boys and most importantly....stetson break in!

Comment

Our AT ends June 22nd and we have someone ETSing June 23rd. She waited til the last minute to get the ball rolling, as suggested, and they are making her go.

Comment

Working...
            X