X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHA (periodic heealth assessment)

Does anyone here knows if a PHA (periodic health assessment) has to be done strictly by your unit whenever they scheduled you to have one done or is it just a matter of going to your own physician and have him do what the PHA requires and getting the proper paperwork completed?

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Re: PHA (periodic heealth assessment)

PHA has to be done with your unit or when they schedule you for it if you SUTA the drill.

A piece of advice: Download the Army dental form (DD 2813), fill it out and take it your dentist for a checkup and cleaning prior to the PHA. Have them fill it out and sign it. Bring it with you to the PHA. You will save yourself about 1-2 hours of waiting for dental that day.

Comment

Great, thanks much for your help, about to print the form and take it to my dentist.....

Comment

There is the ablity for you to do the PHA/dental on your own. All the forms can be downloaded. It is depenant on whether or nor your unit can schedule you with an approved provider.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
          There is the ablity for you to do the PHA/dental on your own. All the forms can be downloaded. It is depenant on whether or nor your unit can schedule you with an approved provider.
          This.

You can get a PHA done at some military installations with just a memo from your CDR. That is the case over here at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. You can complete it in under 1 hour... something that would take ALL day at a typical PHA.

Comment

I was also able to do Vision at my own doctors, Form DA 7655.

Comment

Thanks much for this information, can you please inbox me a copy of what the letter should look like So I can ask for it and also I would appreciate it if you can tell me where to go in abeerdeen. Thanks again.

You can get a PHA done at some military installations with just a memo from your CDR. That is the case over here at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. You can complete it in under 1 hour... something that would take ALL day at a typical PHA.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by MDJV212 View Post
                Thanks much for this information, can you please inbox me a copy of what the letter should look like So I can ask for it and also I would appreciate it if you can tell me where to go in abeerdeen. Thanks again.

You can get a PHA done at some military installations with just a memo from your CDR. That is the case over here at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. You can complete it in under 1 hour... something that would take ALL day at a typical PHA.
                [/QUOTE]

It's just a memo from your CDR. He'll know what it should look like. There's really not too much to it.

I believe it is Kirk Army Health Clinic at APG, but I'll defer to showstopper_999 on that.

Comment

Thanks, I will google to see what the memo looks like.....

It's just a memo from your CDR. He'll know what it should look like. There's really not too much to it.

I believe it is Kirk Army Health Clinic at APG, but I'll defer to showstopper_999 on that.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by MDJV212 View Post
                    Get with your unit first. What I meant by doing PHA on your own is through a contracted provider, not going to a military treatment facility. Even if you can't do it on your own, just having the dental current will really cut the time your standing in a line.

Comment

Double post.
                      Last edited by RedLeg; May 11th, 2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks much for this information, I did exactly like you said and the PHA was a success.....

I believe it is Kirk Army Health Clinic at APG, but I'll defer to showstopper_999 on that.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                        X