X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missed it by that much

i am 45 and served 4 years in USMC. I missed joining the National Guard by 1 year. Because i will not be able to put a total of 20 years of service by the time i am 60 years old. Dose any one know of a waiver or something that can allow me to enlist. I don't feel like i am 45, weigh 160 lbs. plus i am physically fit.

Re: missed it by that much

Originally posted by prepdaway View Post
    i am 45 and served 4 years in USMC. I missed joining the National Guard by 1 year. Because i will not be able to put a total of 20 years of service by the time i am 60 years old. Dose any one know of a waiver or something that can allow me to enlist. I don't feel like i am 45, weigh 160 lbs. plus i am physically fit.
    Former Marine that went active Army after serving years in the Guard. I did it in my 30s. I believe there is no chance since you surpassed the requirements.

Comment

I just want to serve, and i do not need the retirement benefits, even if i can serve another 10 years or so, oh well i guess it was not meant to be. thanks anyways.

Comment

I just want to serve, and i do not need the retirement benefits, even if i can serve another 10 years or so, oh well i guess it was not meant to be. thanks anyways.
        You still can join this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_defense_force

Comment

You can join this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_defense_force

Comment

Working...
          X