X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next ??

I've been on this forum as a looky loo and would like to thank everyone for their questions and answers because they have helped a lot.
    I'm a recent college graduate and have filled out all the basic paper work in early February. My recruiter wanted to wait until I graduated however, he is now in DS boot camp.

My question is this: I'm not sure if I should wait until my grades are posted (which they are) or until I get my degree to send in my college transcripts because that's all I have left to turn in. Plus, I don't know who my new recruiter is but was told to wait until I am able to send my transcripts
    Last edited by dunkcity13; May 7th, 2013, 06:13 PM.

Re: What next ??

I just finished my master's last week and since I did not apply for graduation for Spring 2013, I now have to wait until Summer 2013 is over so I can receive my degree certificate. I was provided a form so I can get a letter of completion letter (in which I did) to show proof that I completed the degree program. That afforded me to update my ORB to masters. I will receive my free official transcript after summer 2013 but in the meantime, I could pay $10 to get one now.

So ask him if a letter of completion from the school will suffice for the time being.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkcity13 View Post
      I've been on this forum as a looky loo and would like to thank everyone for their questions and answers because they have helped a lot.
      I'm a recent college graduate and have filled out all the basic paper work in early February. My recruiter wanted to wait until I graduated however, he is now in DS boot camp.

My question is this: I'm not sure if I should wait until my grades are posted (which they are) or until I get my degree to send in my college transcripts because that's all I have left to turn in. Plus, I don't know who my new recruiter is but was told to wait until I am able to send my transcripts
      OP, all you need is a copy of your transcripts (which *should* be updated immediately upon completing) or, as the good WO said, a letter of completion from the Registrar's office. That would be enough to at least get you enlisted as an E-4, however, be prepared to have to produce the actual transcripts for MEPS before you ship. Otherwise, they could have an issue with it.

Comment

Thank you. Sorry for the late reply been arguing with my school to send my transcripts and letter of completion. Their saying it would be a while because everyone is asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkcity13 View Post
          Thank you. Sorry for the late reply been arguing with my school to send my transcripts and letter of completion. Their saying it would be a while because everyone is asking for it.
          I would go up there and get a physical copy, just to have. That would suffice for MEPS purposes and you can always have the "official" one sent later on...

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
            I would go up there and get a physical copy, just to have. That would suffice for MEPS purposes and you can always have the "official" one sent later on...
            Thank you for all the help. I received an unofficial and official copy. I'm headed to find out who my new recruiter (original went to DS boot camp) is Tuesday so I can start with the process.

Comment

Working...
            X