X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusing to Submit SF-86

This is a senior member type question only. Privates need not reply.

Has anyone experienced a situation where a Solider, for whatever reason, voluntarily refused to submit a SF-86 when re investigation time came around. To put this in a better prospective, that form is voluntary. Obviously this may be an MOS issue, but I am curious if anyone experienced such a situation and would like to share the story.

Re: Refusing to Submit SF-86

Failure to cooperate will result in the loss of your clearance, which may then result in your involuntary reclassification, which may result in a loss of bonus, incentive, assignment, and promotion opportunities. If you don't want a clearance, get ahead of the game, and reclass to something that doesn't require one.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      Failure to cooperate will result in the loss of your clearance, which may then result in your involuntary reclassification, which may result in a loss of bonus, incentive, assignment, and promotion opportunities. If you don't want a clearance, get ahead of the game, and reclass to something that doesn't require one.
      Absolutely concur, but even in light of loss of many things...there are two scenarios I see this happening...1) to avoid potentially service ending derogatory information form surfacing and/or 2) to manipulate a reclass that was either previously denied, or that you may already hold.

ANyone seen this?..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
        Absolutely concur, but even in light of loss of many things...there are two scenarios I see this happening...1) to avoid potentially service ending derogatory information form surfacing and/or 2) to manipulate a reclass that was either previously denied, or that you may already hold.

ANyone seen this?..
        This is the one I've seen. MI NCO who has a TS gets a DUI. Does not submit SF-86 and re-classes to 11B. Waits a period of time until he can go back to the MI MOS and allegedly not have the DUI affect future security clearance.

Comment

If someone refuses to do an SF-86 the security manager should file an incident report for refusal to comply with security processing against the clearance and make the decision to whether or not to suspend the current clearance or not. That will ensure that the situation of refusal is addressed.

Polo, that MI NCO is an idiot. Unless he has a string of alcohol related incidents or the DUI was more complicated than just a plain DUI (such as deaths involved, etc), a single DUI almost never (99% of the time) does NOT result in a lost clearance. All it's going to do is require processing of an incident report and maybe writing a letter explaining why. It will also come up eventually.

Tackle it as it comes, dont delay until later. Always better that way.

Comment

Has anyone experienced a situation where a Solider, for whatever reason, voluntarily refused to submit a SF-86 when re investigation time came around. To put this in a better prospective, that form is voluntary. Obviously this may be an MOS issue, but I am curious if anyone experienced such a situation and would like to share the story.
            From my experience 12W is the reclass of choice for RA and NG guys that smell 'trouble'.

Comment

We had an E-4 pull this. They were a 35M and a rather crappy one at that. How they made it the first time is beyond me. Anywho, when their 5 yr re-investigate came up, they refused to do it. The troop go reslotted into an admin MOS in the company and sent to RTI for a reclass.

Kinda of a moot point really, since they failed the reclass course (behavior got them) and got separated. But still... there ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                From my experience 12W is the reclass of choice for RA and NG guys that smell 'trouble'.
                Pretty sure there's a joke about that....

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                  Pretty sure there's a joke about that....
                  Particularly on the RA side.

Comment

Working...
                  X