X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The waiting game

Hi! I finally turned 17 on the 22nd! I am sooooo happy! I thought I would be swearing in and everything but about 2 weeks ago, I told my recruiter about my poor vision and she put in a waiver. I texted her on Sunday and she resubmitted. I know medical waivers take forever to be approved/denied and the only thing that I can do it just wait, however, it's killing me! I kept my motivation up by studying for my ASVAB and doing things for my schools JROTC but I can't get it off my mind. If you had to get any type of medical waiver, how long did it take? (I know specific times aren't guaranteed but I just want to see the waiting that everyone had to wait.)

I'm hoping it get approved before I get out of school. I'm planning on doing split option!

Thanks (:
    Last edited by jujubee; April 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM.

Re: The waiting game

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
    Hi! I finally turned 17 on the 22nd! I am sooooo happy! I thought I would be swearing in and everything but about 2 weeks ago, I told my recruiter about my poor vision and she put in a waiver. I texted her on Sunday and she resubmitted. I know medical waivers take forever to be approved/denied and the only thing that I can do it just wait, however, it's killing me! I kept my motivation up by studying for my ASVAB and doing things for my schools JROTC but I can't get it off my mind. If you had to get any type of medical waiver, how long did it take? (I know specific times aren't guarteened but I just want to see the waiting that everyone had to wait.)

I'm hoping it get approved before I get out of school. I'm planning on doing split option!

Thanks (:
    Oooh kay.

Congratulations?

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
      Oooh kay.

Congratulations?

I'm guessing I should bold my question haha?

Comment

I needed a waiver for Cystic Acne. Took exactly 32 days (MN).

Comment

I've submitted three med waivers this year. The two that were approved came back within 7-10 days. The one that was disapproved took about two weeks. There has been improvement lately with turn around time concerning med waivers.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
            I've submitted three med waivers this year. The two that were approved came back within 7-10 days. The one that was disapproved took about two weeks. There has been improvement lately with turn around time concerning med waivers.

Best of luck!!
            Awesome! Hopefully I'll hear something next week ))!

Originally posted by YANG View Post
            I needed a waiver for Cystic Acne. Took exactly 32 days (MN).
            Ouch! That's a while! I'm keeping my head up though, if I can't do split this summer, I'll still sign and attend RSP

Comment

Working...
            X