X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling while part of the guard

Quick question, as a part of the ARNG I can travel anywhere in the United States or go to Canada/Mexico, etc. as long as I don't miss any drills/training. Correct?

To clarify I'm talking about vacations/trips, not permanent relocations.
    Last edited by Xalyx; April 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM.

Re: Traveling while part of the guard

Yes, you can... to an extent. DoD currently has some restrictions based on local uprisings, unpopular government, MOS classes, etc.

Canada wouldn't be a problem, but Mexico may pose an issue. Best bet is to check with the State Department's site to see any restricted travel for civilians and then inquire with your command about particulars for you.

Comment

Canada wouldn't be a problem? Alright, that's all I need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalyx View Post
        Quick question, as a part of the ARNG I can travel anywhere in the United States or go to Canada/Mexico, etc. as long as I don't miss any drills/training. Correct?

To clarify I'm talking about vacations/trips, not permanent relocations.
        Leader's Recon trips are highly encouraged around the border of Iran or North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
          Yes, you can... to an extent. DoD currently has some restrictions based on local uprisings, unpopular government, MOS classes, etc.

Canada wouldn't be a problem, but Mexico may pose an issue. Best bet is to check with the State Department's site to see any restricted travel for civilians and then inquire with your command about particulars for you.
          +1 about Mexico. You took the words out of my post. When I was a Marine in the 80s, I use to go to Tijuana. My buddy that was at Fort Sill said he was prohibited to going to Juarez.

https://www.bliss.army.mil/Leaders/d...eltoMexico.pdf <---Command Policy Letter

Again, it is for title 10 status Soldiers but definitely check with your command and S2.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/14471172.html

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post

+1 about Mexico. You took the words out of my post. When I was a Marine in the 80s, I use to go to Tijuana. My buddy that was at Fort Sill said he was prohibited to going to Juarez.

https://www.bliss.army.mil/Leaders/d...etters/3Prohib

Comment

You should disclose foreign travel to your chain of command in advance. If you have a security clearance, your State Security Manager may have additional guidance for you.

Comment

Working...
              X