Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining OANG Next Friday.

Alright,

So I have talked to a ROTC representative, if you will, last Friday and he suggested I join the ANG over the AR. Which I had already planned on doing. This is what we both and my parent came up with. Also, I am a senior in high school until June 1st (Graduation).

First, I would enroll into UC Blue Ash and sign papers for the guard next Friday.

Here are my questions:

1) Can I do split option if I have college courses scheduled similar to a HS school year? That way after completely BCT, I go to college for my freshman year then attend AIT after that. Then tie in the SMP into the mix when I am eligible. Would that be possible?

2) The ROTC Rep said that I could also do ROTC at the main campus (because it's not offered at the branch campus) and be apart of that while going through college. So basically, I would drive over to the main campus to do Military Science I (ROTC Class).

In a huge package, I could be a OANGuardsmen with only BCT, Attending Freshman year in college, and being apart of ROTC. All at the same time. At first this sounded weird and undoable, but the ROTC Rep I talked to said that this would be possible and the best course of action. It's just that the National guard part of it would be spereate from all the others but tied together in a way. It's like have to jobs and trying to balance them but in the end it will all come together.
    Last edited by JamesT21; April 14th, 2013, 02:13 AM.
Working...
X