X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKO accounts

I wasn't sure where to put this but I know a lot of you have experience with AKO.
    Are ARNG members authorized to have an unsponsored account? I was on the phone with the AKO help desk today and was told that I would need a sponsor in order to get an account. I'm not sure the guy was right or not as it was my understanding that Guard members qualify for non-sponsored accounts.
    Thanks

I should also add that I just got my CAC about a week ago. I only joined the Guard in early March this year. I am prior service USMC 1994-2002.

also, what an acronym! I read somewhere today that "The Army wants you to use your CAC as much as possible..." haha. I'm way ahead of them with 3 kids.
    Last edited by marinegundoctor; April 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM. Reason: Additional information

Re: AKO accounts

Once you've enlisted then yes, you are authorized to have an account. Once your data has flow through RAPIDS and DEERS and all those awesome links into AKO, then you should be able to establish and account with your SSN.

A lot of accounts are typically sponsored by your Recruiter though when they are initially established.

Comment

Have you gone to RSP yet? I was at my first RSP this past weekend and they were doing AKO for everyone. I didn't get to do it but I figured many next RSP drill.

Comment

I've been thinking it may just be a red tape O coursre my data has to get through. I read somewhere the other day that it might take up to 45 days. It's been 43 today so I'm going to check now. I've been to one drill (Apr 6) so far. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X