X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to another state

Hi my husband is being transferred to ohio we currently live in Virginia. I wanted to know if I join in Virginia can I move to Ohio and come back to Virginia for drill?

Thank you!

Re: Moving to another state

Originally posted by Ohhh123 View Post
    Hi my husband is being transferred to ohio we currently live in Virginia. I wanted to know if I join in Virginia can I move to Ohio and come back to Virginia for drill?

Thank you!
    Ah geez. Are you serious? I've driven from Ohio to Virginia. Although it's scenic I wouldn't want to put myself or my family through that bull ESPECIALLY during the winter months.

Save yourself the extra depressing posts several months down the line about how you hate communiting through three states every month for drill. Enlist in Ohio please.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; April 10th, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Yes you can. You can also transfer states, but then you have to be careful about any benefits you receive, some are state specific. Is your husbands transfer permanent? Is there a reason why you want to enlist into Virginia as opposed to Ohio? There are options out there. Some units will let you make up a few drills at a time. Go work for them for a week straight and it counts as a few months drill. Or units can make deals with each other so that your assigned unit is paying for you but you physically drill with another unit. Recruiters can answer more specific questions about this for you.

Comment

I have already started the process here in Virginia I'm waiting on Meps to approve my medical information. I haven't talk to my recruiter but I will now. Thank you!

Comment

I understand wanting to enlist there since you have gone through a Recruiter already and have your medical stuff currently being worked on there, but if it fits your needs best to do it in another state, done feel bad about time spent in Virginia already, it is part of the 'game' and all involved would understand. Stinks, but it happends. Driving doesnt sound all that bad, especially if you JUST drill once a month, but sometimes things come up, they ask for volunteers for extra days/training..... and then it does become a problem. If you are getting ready for a deployment there are always extra trips to the armory. It does get old, especially in winter weather. Decision is always yours, just saying what sounds good on paper sometimes doesnt in the long run.

Comment

Working...
          X