Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worthless?

Rt
    Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    I've been active duty and it ain't that hard. I work less now mobilized on a BN/BDE staff then I did working a full time job and being a commander. The real difference is I don't get $100+k a year or retire at 20.
    Exactly my point that you work less. And I know that your job as a NG Commander was time consuming because AD Commanders work around the clock. Again, the focus of discussion is that some believe that NG life is harder than AD based on certain notions (and yes, there are challenges) but due to the macro picture and serving in eaach Reserve/AD components for a decade, I simply beg to differ. BTW, I did not type 'blah" in my post lol.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; May 3rd, 2013, 10:52 AM. Reason: blah corny joke

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      Rt

Exactly my point that you work less. And I know that your job as a NG Commander was time consuming because AD Commanders work around the clock. Again, the focus of discussion is that some believe that NG life is harder than AD based on certain notions (and yes, there are challenges) but due to the macro picture and serving in eaach Reserve/AD components for a decade, I simply beg to differ.
      By now you know well that every Soldier in the Army has a harder life than every other Soldier in the Army. While this statement may seem paradoxical on its face, I assure you that it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
        By now you know well that every Soldier in the Army has a harder life than every other Soldier in the Army. While this statement may seem paradoxical on its face, I assure you that it is true.
        Lieutenant Colonel, excellent observation and wisdom. I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

Working...
        X