X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common full-time positions

How common are full-time positions in the national guard? I like the benefit of not jumping around state to state and having the luxury of staying in my county (Boone, KY). I was hoping there would be full-time MP positions or possibly full-time infantry positions available?

I did not even know the national guard offers full time positions until a couple weeks ago so I thought I would come here and see what is up.
    Note: I like the benefits of the guard and do not want to go into the regular Army simply because I like where I am. I could however drive to Lexington or Louisville everyday and North 30 miles or so if that helps with location. I think the closest base is in Walton KY.

Re: Common full-time positions

Supply sergeants, recruiters, readiness NCOs, human resources are probably the most common. Many carry MOS and rank requirements. And they're all very competitive. Many people that leave them do so via retirement. Do a search on the forums for AGR, ADOS and technician.

Comment

I want to become a full-time recruiter for the guard!

I enlisted as a 15E and was assigned to a unit, hoping there is a way that I can become a full time recruiter and still be able to fulfill my obligation to my respective comrades and unit.

The guard is something I truly believe in.....and after all you can't successfully sell or promote something you do not truly believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Supply sergeants, recruiters, readiness NCOs, human resources are probably the most common. Many carry MOS and rank requirements. And they're all very competitive. Many people that leave them do so via retirement. Do a search on the forums for AGR, ADOS and technician.
        spot on.

you're likely not going to find any active/full time guard positions below ssg in enlisted or captain on the officer side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
          spot on.

you're likely not going to find any active/full time guard positions below ssg in enlisted or captain on the officer side of things.
          Actually E-5 is probably the most common rank to see hired. They open from the bottom, and retire at the top.

Comment

I got my SGT by AGR. When a SSG position opens up, they won't advertise it...they'll slide me in to it.

Most supply sergeants are SSG positions with some E5s (mostly detachments and small units). Most Admin NCOs are SGTs.

Comment

Working...
            X